Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cairo Dock, various items, like how to get clear to work.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cairo Dock, various items, like how to get clear to work.

It is very simple.
    One has to install the best driver for your card that will do 3-D graphics. You can do this through system/hardware drivers.
    Then pick usr/clear theme in CairoDock and you will have a clear dock.

woodsmoke

Cairo Dock, glx dock, the "stack" plugin is a wonderful thing.

Cairodock, or glx-dock has many plugins and one of the better ones, in terms of "productivity" is the "stack".

Basically, when one uses the "stack" one can "slide" something into it and AS LONG AS IT IS STILL IN THE FILE SYSTEM, it will stay there as a linky.

In other words one is going to work on a document over time and one can slide it into the stack, and then close it, and later it will be in the stack, one can click it, and it will reappear.

One might think of it as a "recent documents".

There are MANY threads littering the net about it not "keeping" a document or something, it can be a picture, whatever, just not an application, when one closes the dock and then re-opens.

As of this writing, that "bug", if it was one, is not present. I find that documents which I place in the stack.... quite a few actually, to be persistent when I shut down.

As an example, I write a lot of text documents for the college whereat I teach but it takes a while to finish them. I just slide them into the stack.

Since I tend to bork the system a lot and somehow lose the bottom panel, I keep a document with the script for restoring it in the stack because the dock is persistent whether or not the panel is there.

If anyone has further comments about the stack, or any other plugin for cairo/glx dock, please post them.

woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
    X