X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A 60X speed INCREASE coming to Linux!

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...37_video&num=2

I'm not sure how that will play out with a desktop system that may have only one TTY running, if at all. But, with the speed improvements of Wayland over Xorg, the combination should bring some sort of performance increase for all Kubuntu users.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Re: A 60X speed INCREASE coming to Linux!

Sounds nice, but this is only valid for PC's with multicore CPU's, right? Or am I wrong?
    Multibooting: Kubuntu Noble 24.04
    Before: Jammy 22.04, Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
    Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly
    Using Linux since June, 2008

Comment

Re: A 60X speed INCREASE coming to Linux!

I think that the IEEE simply redefined what a second is. It's now going to be equal to a 'real' minute. Therefore, download speeds will be 'rated' as being 60x faster than before! What will have taken you one 'real' minute to download, will now take only a 'new' second!

But if you think that isn't true, or even possible, the Government is going to sell it to the public, by only increasing access rates by a factor of 3. So, for only a tripling of your rates, you will get sixty-times the speed! Everybody wins!

Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
      X