This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum off the air most of yesterday

Now that we're back up, I'm surprised that there is no mention of it. I was out yesterday, but when I came back the forum was unreachable and that situation continued until I went to bed sometime after 4am PST. I was otherwise using the net normally and posting on other forums during that time. I can't believe that this is a local situation. Is that even possible?

Re: Forum off the air most of yesterday

Mentioning the obvious, is well, obvious.

I noticed it 'when it happened' yesterday, and notified Open Source immediately. He responed that he was looking into it. KFN came back online about an hour later, but then went down hard, and stayed that way for more than eighteen hours. I notified Open Source when I got up this morning (before 5:20am). He got things working again not to long after that.

The Moderators and Open Source talk to each other. He (Open Source) has said that he is looking at moving to another Hosting service. He recognizes that service interuptions have been occuring more than it should, and is becoming problematic.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I don't worry about these things. Whenever they happen, I know that Open source is on top of it and will get it fixed ASAP. I do get to jonesin' for the forum after a few hours though.

Comment

Thanks Snowhog. I thought that perhaps I was going crazy(ier). I just seemed unlikely that a hosting service would be down for more than a "short time". Anyway, I don't know anything about the circumstances so can't really comment on that. I've noticed the forum being a bit slower and having more delays recently, but then there are a lot of people accessing the site and there's a lot of pages to generate. Obviously more bandwidth and/or reliability would cost more money, and since I'm not paying I'm happy with what we got.

Comment

I checked Ubu to see if there was a notice there and the "latest news" here and nothing. Didn't know.. I just hope that the sever problem is not as bad as the one a few months ago that threw other distros off line. If there is some "specific" thing that users could do like make a donation for server space or maybe provide mirrors or something I think that the folks of this very friendly forum would step up. I know, that is speaking as a new person, but this is just so friendly a place.
          woodsmoke

Comment

Nice thoughts, woodsmoke, always welcome and open here. But I think Open Source is doing fine financially and otherwise wrt the forum resources. May be some other (technical) variable swishing around.
            An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
            X