This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu Forums kindness

Guys, this is just a comment that I have always wanted to say.

This is the kindest Linux forum that I have ever experienced. Thank you for that. I wish you guys would be in charged of other distribution's forums. I would say, that Linux would be more popular if the rest of the distributions would have people as courteous as you all.

sincerely,

Thanks.
    You can get me Using Threema: B6WSCFVY
    Mastodon: @pookito@latinos.social
    Jabber: pookito@neko.im

Re: Kubuntu Forums kindness

Thank you for the kind words. Community is what KFN is about. We all make up that community, so all of our members help to contribute to the kind of Community that KFN has become.

Most of us are here because of the friendliness we experience. I know that if it had not been for KFN, my journey back into Linux in 2007 would have been much more of a challange, and I'm not sure I would have stuck with it. KFN is, IMO, a treasure unique among its ilk. The man who makes it possible, our host Open Source, is a treasure among treasures. His unselfish kindness in providing this forum to all, totally without cost to its members, goes above and beyond selflessness.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

i'll also mention that i think this is the most tolerant, kindest forum i've been to. Especially regular tech forums that have a Linux dedicated area, those are the worst. like PCpitstop, every question is responded to with either sarcasm, indirect answers or made into a joke.
      Stupid of me to not actually go to the dedicated forum related to the distro itself to begin with, could have saved myself the headache but glad i'm here.

Comment

Have to agree with the OP!
        Puget Systems Custom Desktop XP / Win7 ...so far<br />eee pc 1000HE XP -

Comment

Hi....

I certainly agree and it's one of the reasons why I have stuck around.

Regards..
          Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ loves and cares about you most of all! http://peacewithgod.jesus.net/
          How do I know this personally? Please read here: https://www.linuxquestions.org/quest...hn-8-12-36442/
          PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST! You don't have to end up here: https://soulchoiceministries.org/pod...i-see-in-hell/

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
            Thank you for the kind words. Community is what KFN is about. We all make up that community, so all of our members help to contribute to the kind of Community that KFN has become.

Most of us are here because of the friendliness we experience. I know that if it had not been for KFN, my journey back into Linux in 2007 would have been much more of a challange, and I'm not sure I would have stuck with it. KFN is, IMO, a treasure unique among its ilk. The man who makes it possible, our host Open Source, is a treasure among treasures. His unselfish kindness in providing this forum to all, totally without cost to its members, goes above and beyond selflessness.
            +1

you guys are awesome \o0/
            asus A52N
            Dual boot: Kubuntu 11.10 64bit, Ubuntu 11.10 64bit
            AMD Athlon II 64 X2 | 4 GB DDR3 RAM | ATI Radeon HD 4200
            windoze free since 2009 12 16 (Vijay din= Victory day)

Comment

I fully agree .

I have been lashed out at on other forums before .......most memorable of these lashings was PClinux quite a wile back mind you but a perfectly reasonable question about mounting a windows drive got me a severe admonishment and then my post deleted .....now looking back the question was a simple and common n00b Q but still needed an answer for me

I love this place.

VINNY
              i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
              16GB RAM
              Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I could write a lengthy post about what makes this forum so important to me, but I will simply state that the fact that the opening page of the forum is my "Home" page in my browser and that's what it is. This is my virtual home.

Comment

dude, that is really nice of you to say. So I am your virtual brother?
                  You can get me Using Threema: B6WSCFVY
                  Mastodon: @pookito@latinos.social
                  Jabber: pookito@neko.im

Comment

Well, as this is my virtual home, that makes everyone here my virtual brothers and sisters.

Comment

I must say, the REAL reason this place is so great is YOU FOLKS
                      Without you, our job would end up requiring actual work and effort in the attempt to provide you the atmosphere you have helped create

Comment

Originally posted by pookito

I would say, that Linux would be more popular if the rest of the distributions would have people as courteous as you all.

Thanks! I would say, you are right!

Comment

Working...
                        X