This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Word of Thanks

So, I know many of the first posts by people new to Ubuntu are pleas for help setting up their new install, or questions about how something is done or configured different from Windows. It's not a bad thing, just sort of the nature of the beast.

I was lucky. All of the problems I had when getting started were already answered, mostly by the folks at this forum and over at the Kubuntu forums (I'm running Kubuntu 10.04).

So, my first post gets to be a simple, earnest 'thank you'.

Thank you to everyone who puts time and effort into answering the questions we newcomers to the world of Linux throw at you. Thank you for dealing with our problems, lack of understanding, and I'm sure, sometimes maddening requests for hand-holding.

Because of help and guides on these two forums, I've managed to work around an ACPI issue on my laptop by rebuilding the kernel, fixed a minor but alarming network issue, troubleshooting sound problems and managed to customize my mouse, keyboard, and desktop theme.

I feel a thank you is also warranted to those newbies who did come forward to post their questions and their problems. Without you, folks like me wouldn't have gotten so lucky as to have an answer to their problems at their fingertips.

So, thanks to all the folks here and at the Kubuntu forums. Your work is very much appreciated.

Re: A Word of Thanks

Thank you, and you're welcome.

KFN is I believe, a Kubuntu Linux resource that is unique on the 'Net. We are small(ish) compared to some other sites, but we are an active bunch, willing, to the degrees of expertise and experience we collectively have, to provide assistance as we can.

Welcome to KFN.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: A Word of Thanks

Friend, I couldn't have said it better. I also never needed to post a question because whenever I have a problem I usually find the solution here or by googling about it. The patience and will to help of some wise members in this forum is really amazing.

I really thank them all too

Comment

Working...
      X