Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What has switching to Linux done for you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What has switching to Linux done for you?

Originally posted by bernieszu

I still have one laptop system using Windows, mainly because I have a couple of useful and rather expensive video and DVD editing software programs which don't migrate easily to Linux, but I'd say I use it about once or twice a month, if that. If anyone comes up with a really useful GUI video editing program for Linux (nothing fancy - just something as easy to use as Windows Movie Maker)I'll be shaking the MS dust off my feet the next day. I don't hate MS and I don't hate Bill Gates, but I had SUCH a bad experience with Windows ME that I never wanted to rely on them again. See a lot of criticism of Vista here, which is the OS on my laptop, but it has always worked okay for me - but then maybe that's because nowadays I do all my real computing on Linux!
    Give LiVES a try. You may like it. I do.

http://lives.sourceforge.net/

Comment

@vinnywright and @ detonate - thanks for the suggestions - will check them out right away.

@ greygeek - I am completely MORTIFIED that I forgot to put your name in the list of really helpful people on here - especially after all your recent (and exceptionally patient) investigation of my usb mounting problem!!!!
      I'm only here so often because I'm too blinking lazy to learn shell!

Comment

Someone posted a code tag that is too long. Hopefully it was just a newbie who didn't know about the forum software, and not someone being rude. It is certainly unpleasant and I won't be able to participate until it's fixed.

Comment

I see that lives is also available in the repositories (but I have no idea on which one since I added several ppa's). Repo version 1.3.7, Sourceforge version 1.3.10
          Multibooting: Kubuntu Noble 24.04
          Before: Jammy 22.04, Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
          Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly
          Using Linux since June, 2008

Comment

Working...
          X