This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG...This guy can't be for real!

I've read this guy's articles quite a bit and I know he is a M$ fanboy but his last reasonings really says it all about his sway. Really! I know a lot of people who have the device he is talking about and have never heard of such drivel. I guess he is really upset that his M$ friends haven't come out with anything yet.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/bott/why-i...87?tag=nl.e539

Re: OMG...This guy can't be for real!

Ed Bott is a well known MS sycophant.

He reported in his June 22nd article that
    ... my Windows Phone 7 review handset arrived earlier this week, and I’m busy putting it through its paces. Stay tuned.
    The rest of the article is a rah, rah piece for developers on the Windows platform to get busy and produce apps for the WP7. ZDNet has been beating a steady drum for WP7 for quite a while now. Here is a list of recent articles. Note that WP7 will only be available on the AT&T network.

Bott implies that making ordinary phone calls can be a problem:
    Eventually, though, the novelty of being able to use a mobile phone to actually make phone calls wore off
    His complaints are:

It's too big...
    Amazing, because the WP7 was criticized:
    This has more to do with the hardware, but I was surprised at how bulky and heavy the LG felt.
    by two other MS sycophants in an article I mention below.

It's too hot ...
    (because it is too fast!)

The battery won't last a day.
    (I found this interesting because he remarked that he took it on a long road trip and it died about a "half an hour" before he reached his destination, so he had to pull out a "backup" cell phone. A "backup cell phone"? How many of you, knowing that you will be going on a long road trip, take a backup cell phone instead of just the recharging or power cord that plugs into the cigarette lighter? In fact, one reason why the Droid is at the top of my 4G phone list is because one can replace the battery! Carrying a second, backup battery makes a LOT more sense that having a second cellphone with a different number.)

...dozens of icons spread out over seven screens. Some were part of the OS, some were third-party apps, and the whole thing looked like it had been designed by a committee of mad scientists.
    Apparently, to Bott, this:

is NOT as good as this:
    [img width=250 height=400]http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/presskits/windowsphone/images/startscreen_web.jpg[/img]

which was drooled, ooo'ed and awww'd over by two other sychophants.

The difference between the HTC EVO Droid's screen and that of WP7 explains why Microsoft is suing HTC over the Droid. I suspect that Microsoft is hoping to reach a "negotiated" settlement where HTC will agree to drop the Droid if they drop their lawsuit.

He doesn't like Skype or some of the other startup apps and he can't figure out how to make them not run at startup permanently.

Ultimately, what unsold me on the Droid X in particular and on the Android platform in general was its complexity. I understand why geeks love this OS. Like Linux, it’s a tweaker’s playground. I’m sure I could have solved all my problems by rooting the device, downloading a new kernel, and starting from scratch.
    So, he's killing two birds with one rant: Droid and Linux. It is astounding to me that Bott, a Microsoft genius, finds the Droid too complex for him. I'll bet the iPhone 4 puts him on his knees, too.

The WP7 launch date is November 8th. I expect there will be a lot of pro WP7 articles, basically rewrites of MS PR memos, possibly encouraged with free "test units" of WP7, ala the VISTA Ferrari laptop bribe fiasco.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

As I said. OMG, he can't be for real!

I agree GG! I agree! Like the term "MS sycophant" by the way. Never seen that before.

Comment

Noun

sycophant (plural sycophants)

1. One who uses compliments to gain self-serving favor or advantage from another.
        2. One who seeks to gain through the powerful and influential.

[edit] Synonyms

* (one who uses compliments to gain favor): arse-kisser, brown noser, suck up, yes man
        * (one who seeks to gain through the powerful): parasite, flunky, lackey
        Thank wikipedia or wiktionary for this info!
        Multibooting: Kubuntu Noble 24.04
        Before: Jammy 22.04, Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
        Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly
        Using Linux since June, 2008

Comment

Comment

[deleted]

This is a family website!

Shinda Sekai Sensen<br /><br />Kubuntu Maverick RC x64 w/ Kde 4.5.2 (main)<br />Kubuntu 10.04 x64 w/ Kde 4.5.1 to be wiped, no point in keeping it any longer

Comment

Originally posted by Yuri sss
              [deleted]

This is a family website!

My, my I hope it wasn't that bad.

Comment

In the heat of discussion, or disgust at an event, we sometimes write things we normally wouldn't, given a little time to reflect. We are all guilty of that, me included. ("Let he who is without sin ...")

My nine year old grandson runs Kubuntu, too! 8)
                "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

"Let he who is without sin ..."

I know it means we shouldn't judge other people if we know we're not flawless, but if there were also a catch phrase like this one...

"Let he who is with(out) sin get some good sleep"

...I'd definitely support it

(After some good sleep people are more capable of meditate on what they said or did previously and see if they need to fix things, solve issues, avoid unnecessary discussions / verbal "fights" and so on. )
                  Multibooting: Kubuntu Noble 24.04
                  Before: Jammy 22.04, Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
                  Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly
                  Using Linux since June, 2008

Comment

Working...
                  X