Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wikileaks - Documents aiming to stop FOSS in Europe - and errata too!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wikileaks - Documents aiming to stop FOSS in Europe - and errata too!

Well, the worst has indeed happened -- the cat has exited the bag, as expected: http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe...html?hpt=hp_t1

So much for anything resembling responsibility on the part of wikileaks.

Comment

Re: Wikileaks - Documents aiming to stop FOSS in Europe - and errata too!

It looks like all the pretense about redacting the names of the innocent has been swept aside. If Assange is playing that game then I suspect that he will find the Western powers no less capable of seeing that he has an "accident" than the Russians and Chinese, which is probably why you never read about Russian or Chinese cables being hacked and "leaked". With the leak of specific names of those who have helped or have been coherced into helping Western powers there is nothing to hold those powers back from using what the movies call the "extreme sanction" because they no longer have nothing to lose. I'll wager Assange is wetting his pants right now.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Re: Wikileaks - Documents aiming to stop Free and Open Source software in Europe

Originally posted by JontheEchidna
        Originally posted by dibl
        I'm not crying for Assange. He's very particular about which nations' secrets he steals and publicizes. If he were the public-spirited world citizen he purports to be, we'd be seeing secret foreign service messages from China, India, Cuba, Russia, and Venezuela. Ain't gonna happen, is it?
        I should note that he himself is not actually stealing the leaked information; he relies on anonymous leakers to do that. Leaked information on a country is dependent on people to leak this information.
        ...And that information usually comes from "freer" countries like the USA, UK, and the EU countries, not from the more authoritarian regimes like China, Venezuela, or Iran.
        The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

Working...
        X