This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meego for netbooks

What can I say, run Kubuntu on my Desktop - but for the little Atom in my opinion Meego is a shade above the rest (sorry *buntu's), even in its current status, it is solid, quick and uncluttered. It is in my personal opinion for netbooks and soon phones, if Nokia are true to their word, a very exciting Distro.
    Kubuntu<br />FreeBSD 8.1<br />OpenBSD 4.7<br />Meego

Re: Meego for netbooks

Not a Netbook owner, but Meego does look very interesting. Definitely has the 'look' of a Cell Phone OS. Looks somewhat like a Web Browser interface. But, it is clean and navigable.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Though I haven't tried Meego, I recently installed Kubuntu netbook version on my Samsung nc10 and I must say it is really nice. It is not super fast in starting up, but once loaded, it is very snappy, elegant and functional. I shall be keeping it on there for the immediate future and look forward to future updates.

Comment

I played with it for a wile a few months ago........as I remember it ran just fine but I don't have a net book so when I got tired of playing it went to the bottom of the pile of iso's

on a side note I just made a Kubuntu-10.10 liveUSB and low and behold you can switch back and forth between the desktop-UI and netbook-UI from in system settings ............I thought that was kind of cool
        and once I gave it a chance (the netbook-UI) and played with it a wile I found myself liking it well enough :P

VINNY

i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
        X