X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smallest Linux Computer in the World

picotux - the smallest Linux Computer in the World
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Re: Smallest Linux Computer in the World

Is this a joke? Could it be possible that such a small thing has all the kernel, libc and other stuff in it?
    Multibooting: Kubuntu Noble 24.04
    Before: Jammy 22.04, Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
    Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly
    Using Linux since June, 2008

Comment

Hmmm. That's interesting. I agree with kyonides. Is this for real? Cool if it is.

Comment

What do people use these for? It's obviously not for desktop use. OTOH, if you have a very small desk ... and perhaps a very small keyboard and ... oh nevermind.

Comment

It's real. I saw it FIVE YEARS ago.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

For use as a Webserver, Telnet. Just what I need in those times I need to ssh to my broken pc. Just has busy box and tool chain...55mhz?! Makes the Atom look like a powerhouse
            Boot Info Script

Comment

In fact it looks like the sort of thing you could put into just about any appliance in the house. IPv6 here I come!

Comment

But IPv4 is more democratic, your packets don't let people ID you!
                Multibooting: Kubuntu Noble 24.04
                Before: Jammy 22.04, Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
                Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly
                Using Linux since June, 2008

Comment

Yes, of course those things are real. They are fantastic.

DNS servers, Web proxy servers and a host of uses don't require much code and certainly the entire system can be held on a flash drive type of storage.

Besides, there are many hardware-coded devices that are not traditonal computers as many users think of them.

"Embedded devices" are the common term, I think, meaning they have embedded OSs.

UbuntuGuide/KubuntuGuide

Right now the killer is being surrounded by a web of deduction, forensic science,
                  and the latest in technology such as two-way radios and e-mail.

Comment

Originally posted by kyonides
                    But IPv4 is more democratic, your packets don't let people ID you!
                    I wouldn't want anybody to know where my fridge was if the chicken wing thieves start using Google maps and geolocation.

Comment

I think Cartman's School organizer (in South Park) took over the universe using its embedded OS, and a Terminator-type of robot from the future had to come back in time to destroy it in order to save humanity (or at least South Park).

Seemed that that Terminator robot had chicken grease on its lips, though... Must have stopped for a snack at some undisclosed fridge.

UbuntuGuide/KubuntuGuide

Right now the killer is being surrounded by a web of deduction, forensic science,
                      and the latest in technology such as two-way radios and e-mail.

Comment

Working...
                      X