This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows applications trashing your Grub(2)? Have a look

I came across this today and wanted to share it with you.

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/uc...b2-unbootable.
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Re: Windows applications trashing your Grub(2)? Have a look

Thanks for sharing

[...]a relatively small number of people do enough detective work to realise that it's the fault of a particular Windows application, but many more simply blame our operating system because it won't start any more.
    It is sad to see Windows software destroying the hard work of FOSS developers and making some people blame FOSS. This only emphasizes the idea that Windows place is inside a Virtual Machine. If someone has to use Windows in dual-boot because of a certain piece of software, than it is better to restrict Windows use to that software only and save "software adventure" to a Virtual Machine, in order to avoid bad software like the ones referred in the article. I guess it is the best one can do if that person can't get completely rid of Windows.

Comment

M$ doesn't concern its self with other operating systems that might already be installed. In that regard, Windows has/continues to be a predatory OS. I think the only exception M$ ever made was with Windows NT.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

thanks for the great bit of news i'll be sure to put the word out around here (then again i only know 1 person dual booting the rest just use kubuntu)
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
        X