This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SATA DVD R/RW drive

Here of late my DVD drive doesn't recognize certain disks it has in the past. My brother had to buy a new one about 6 months back and it was a SATA. Are there any reason why these SATA Optical drives don't seem to last? Luckily I have an external USB drive so I'm not out much. Just wondering why? Never had one die that was PATA.

Re: SATA DVD R/RW drive

Originally posted by MoonRise
    Here of late my DVD drive doesn't recognize certain disks it has in the past. My brother had to buy a new one about 6 months back and it was a SATA. Are there any reason why these SATA Optical drives don't seem to last? Luckily I have an external USB drive so I'm not out much. Just wondering why? Never had one die that was PATA.
    My Sata Dvd drive is over four years old now and still works. It's already lasting much longer than any Ide drives I had before (and it doesn't have that ugly Ide crap cable anymore).
    Shinda Sekai Sensen<br /><br />Kubuntu Maverick RC x64 w/ Kde 4.5.2 (main)<br />Kubuntu 10.04 x64 w/ Kde 4.5.1 to be wiped, no point in keeping it any longer

Comment

Working...
    X