This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What music do you listen to?

It's all mood based for me, but generally fairly contemporary 'alternative' stuff....atm, my mp3 player's playlist has Reel Big Fish, Radiohead, The Streets, NOFX, Thom Yorke, Belly and Nick Cave.

Comment

Heh, I listen to videogame remixes which can be found at HTTP://www.ocremix.org and HTTP://www.vgmusic.com. I think since game music is sinthesized especially for the purpose of the storyline in the game, if the game is good, the music usually is too. Take for example, Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night. The music is good, and is extremely high quality too! If you don't want the remixes and you want the pure PlayStation game music, you can get PSound from the downloads section of HTTP://www.ngemu.com. It is a program hat lets you put a playstation game in the computer and scan it for all music files. You can also get PlayStation Movie Player from the same site which will scan the CD's for movie files. These are windows programs but I'm sure they are compatable with Wine or Crossover. Have fun listening to music!

Comment

I listen to: rock, alt rock, punk, metal, metal core, ska, industrial rock/metal , and stuff like that

Comment

- second wave (two tone) ska
          - trance, few songs

Dislikes:
          - metal
          - usually anything with "core"
          - rap/hip-hop
          - alternative (whatever that means)

Comment

I listen to clasical (You know, Bach, all those), Industrial (NOT metal. I mean REAL industrial like Project Pitchfork or Laibach), some goth music (Clan of Xymox, others as well), some rock music, and electronic music (Not trance or modern techno. I like electronic music like Kraftwerk).

I don't think of Industrial music as being rock, though. It's directly between the line of electronic music and rock, so it's not really one or the other.
            The Universe is a figment of its own imagination.<br /><br />-Douglas Adams

Comment

My first post here so might be for something I love.
              I listen to most things but mostly rock (80's/90's , metal and main stream depends if it sounds good.
              I use Last.fm but cann't remember which group I'm in, also use shoutcast.com alot and just tried pandora started listening then found I cann't register because I'm outside the US.

Edit-the last.fm group is amorak

Comment

the smiths, david bowie, stones, hendrix, doors, and many many more
                every day is a gift

Comment

http://www.last.fm/user/firephoto/

Comment

Johnny Cash, Metallica, Aerosmith, Minor Threat, Black Sabbath, Robert Cray, Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, Stone Temple Pilot, Soundgarden, White Zombie, David Bowie, The Donnas, Trans Siberian Orchestra, Scorpions, Dream Theater, Opeth, Megadeth, Dio, Ratt, UDO, The Exploding Hearts, Hanoi Rocks, Judas Priest, Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, Obituary, Miles Davis, Tommy Bolin, Pink Floyd, U2, The Replacements, Dinosaur Jr., Soul Asylum, And I Could Just Go On Forever ...

john

Comment

Do you know were i can find music with free license ? It will be interesting to download music and listening for free ,when we are bored or tired. I would like to get this stuff on sites like http://www.freedownloadsplace.com/

Comment

I get a lot of the music I listen to by using the "Cool Streams" feature in Amarok to tune in to one of the many hundred internet radio stations at Shoutcast. If you want to save something, though, you'll have to use Streamripper.

Comment

My last.fm profile: http://www.last.fm/user/diziara/

I mostly favor music that was created and popular before I was born, stuff like Rolling Stones, Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd. I've got some random tracks from the Cowboy Bebop series and movie soundtracks, as well as some other movie sound tracks (Fifth Element is awesomeness) and a couple of Broadway musical soundtracks (Wicked, Chicago). I've gotten rather obsessed with Babyland lately (they call themselves Electronic Junk Punk, I just call them crazy and fun) and Blue Oyster Cult has been a very recent discovery and obsession.

Comment

Gangsta Rap.

N.W.A
                            Eazy E 4 Life

Dr. Dre
                            MC Eiht
                            2Pac
                            My Local Repository<br />Forums I am active on<br />Please help me with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

85%+ of the time, my music of choice is Hindi, specifically, old filmi songs from the incomparable Mohd Rafi, Asha Bhosle, Kishore Kumar, Manna Dey, and Lata when she wasn't past it.
                              Victoria concordia crescit<br />ओ पालन्हारे ... तुम्रे बिन हम्र कौनोन नहीं

Comment

i listen to a lotta underground dj's. like break-beats and stuff like that. anyone know of any good sites to download dj music? but a lotta rock too.
                                http://hypnotika.org
                                http://www.djfarm.com

Comment

Working...
                                X