This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What music do you listen to?

Ok folks, what kind of music/bands do you listen to? (it's in the title...)

I listen to quite a lot of different things, mostly rock, funk, indie, trip-hop, electronic, punk, dance........ blah, I'll listen to anything as long as it ain't rap.

You can get all details here: http://www.last.fm/user/antidragon/ and types by listening here

Kubuntu group there: http://www.last.fm/group/Kubuntu

Let's see what Kubuntu users listen to, oh and Muse ftw.

Re: What music do you listen to?

pretty much anything and everything.

My Last FM Account

I have been in the Kubuntu group and the amaroK group for a while now. My favorites are Sammy Hagar, Van Halen (post DLR), Hairbands from the 80's, the Beatles, the Stones, Greatful Dead, and many more!!!
    Richard Johnson (nixternal)<br />Core Developer :: MOTU :: MOTU Council :: Community Council<br />https://launchpad.net/~nixternal<br />http://www.nixternal.com

Comment

Sorry, an old bloke from the 60's can't help but reply to this:
      Jethro Tull, Chris Rea, The Beatles, Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton etc etc
      Probably not what you wanted to hear, Patrick, but there you go.
      Cheers
      Lowey
      I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.<br /><br />Registered Linux User No. 402825

Comment

My lastfm account
        As you can see, I do have a wide range of tastes, but I do tend to favor 70's and 80's "alternative" as well as 80's - 90's rap, the sample-laden kind. Basically, if it is not cliche/generic/cookie cutter/teenie bop pop, I will probably like it. heck, there is even some pretty good country music out there

My favorite albums (in no order) are:
        Prince - Purple Rain
        Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magic
        The Cure - The Head on the Door
        U2 - The Unforgettable Fire
        The B-52's - The B-52's
        The Cult - Love
        Ice Cube - the Predator
        Ministry - The Land of Rape and Honey

Comment

Originally posted by lowey23
          Sorry, an old bloke from the 60's can't help but reply to this:
          Jethro Tull, Chris Rea, The Beatles, Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton etc etc
          Probably not what you wanted to hear, Patrick, but there you go.
          Cheers
          Lowey
          I listen to The Beatles, The Who and lots of other 60's stuff

Comment

Anime and JPop most of the time. New Age/Enya if I feel like it.

Btw, forgive my ignorance...
            What's all this last.fm hype about? I've been reading about it in Planet KDE.
            Jucato&#39;s Data Core

Comment

Originally posted by Jucato
              What's all this last.fm hype about? I've been reading about it in Planet KDE.
              Last.fm is the flagship product from the team that designed the Audioscrobbler system, a music engine based on a massive collection of Music Profiles. Each music profile belongs to one person, and describes their taste in music. Last.fm uses these music profiles to make personalized recommendations, match you up with people who like similar music, and generate custom radio stations for each person.

It's built into Amarok, check the config, the recommendations it gives you are so good, it's helped me discover loads of music

Comment

Oh, thanks for the info! Sounds very interesting. I'll go ahead and try it out.
                Jucato&#39;s Data Core

Comment

Metal Black metal, thrash metal, death metal, gothic metal,grindcore etc 8) Using www.pandora.com to create radio stations of any band and they will try to match me up with similar bands. You can then give those the thumbs up or down and the station will adjust itself to your personal tastes or mood, works with normal music too Need flash installed but thats easily done. Now saving for a Squeezebox so I can stream this directly to my stereo without the need for a PC being on
                  KDE 3.5 RC1 and Dapper Drake....waiting for it to implode

Comment

Hey, for you Amarok'in guys, version 1.4.1 is out!!

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=6673.0
                    Jucato&#39;s Data Core

Comment

Rock, many types... I'm gonna export my music collection from Amarok the second I get home, and My friends bands (if you call that music...)
                      <br /><br />*temp. hiatus from forums due to comp + net broken* :&#039;(

Comment

I listen to what you'd expect a Social Security Pensioner to listen to: maybe 50% classical (Bach, Mozart, Handel and those cats) and 50% 50's and 60's (everyone from Frank Sinatra to the Beatles, with an emphasis on Brill Building, Motown, and California). Do any of you children know what I'm talking about?

Comment

just crap.
                          any good music to hear.. bah

later

Comment

I love classic rock (70's-80's) and the 90's especially. Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, Everclear, Chili Peppers, etc.

Comment

I listen to anything that strikes my ear that I like. My mixed CDs screw people right up - I can go from Will Smith to Judas Priest to The Rolling Stones to George Jones to Poison to Hewie Lewis and the News in 6 tracks. LOL All depends on my mood. I'd say GENERALLY I prefer classic rock/hair rock, 50's 60's rock'n'roll, and most country. And some days I'm good with a little reggae ... some days dance is good ... and some days cranked up Metallica is the cats @$$.

I basically like pretty much anything unless I hear it and decide I really don't like it. The only thing I GENERALLY don't like, is any of that bust a cap in yo' @$$, slap yo' biatches, kill yo' homeys, where's the bling gangsta crap. There's nothing worthwhile in that sorry excuse for 'music'.

Comment

Working...
                              X