This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@dbaker

Talk about opposites! When it comes to matal/hard rock, I'd rather have clean vocals, for I can't stand those gutteral vocals where I can't understand what they're saying (sounds like they are talking out their ... backsides ).

And I don't care for classical, unless it's classic(al) hard rock. <throws up horns>
    The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

haha! for me the whole screamed/growled vocals thing is a textural or rhythmic element. I can't stand it if there's any pitch in the tone. a) it sounds painful and b) I don't WANT any extra 'notes' in the chord. Some clean vocals I like - it's just this recent trend for vocals that sound like they could have come off a commercial pop song, high pitched squeaky voices and autotune and everything, that revolts me.
      "Stella", HP Pavilion 15-ak006TX: KDE Neon User Edition dual-booted with Windows 10, 8gb RAM, Intel i7-6700HQ CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX950M graphics, 2 TB hard drive

Comment

I don't care for autotune -ed voices either. I'd rather hear sonething like Dio or Iron maiden. Of current bands, I really like 5 Finger Death Punch (somewhat like Pantera) and Avenged Sevenfold. Those bands are, I think, great-sounding heavy metal bands.
        The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

@bsniadajewski...I had a Core 2 Duo E6700 years ago, cost me $750 new (yikes), never doing that again, 6 months later it was half price! Now I spend $300-$400 on a CPU when I do a new build, good enough.

Comment

My Pandora One account has everything from thrash metal to euro-pop/disco to rap to country and western to anime. I listen to anything. If I don't like it, I'll skip it. But that's rare. Very rare.

I like music.
            I do not personally use Kubuntu, but I'm the tech support for my daughter who does.

Comment

@tek_heretik OK I won't. Instead, if I ever upgrade the MB/CPU combo it'll probably be an AMD-based one.

Comment

Originally posted by bsniadajewski View Post
                @tek_heretik OK I won't. Instead, if I ever upgrade the MB/CPU combo it'll probably be an AMD-based one.
                I was actually thinking the same thing, may go AMD next time, 8 or more cores appeals to me, lol, and it's easier on the wallet, but would get an after market CPU cooler for sure, their stock coolers were/are never that great.

Comment

Originally posted by bsniadajewski View Post
                  I don't care for autotune -ed voices either.
                  Surely one can make an exception... auto-tune for science!

Comment

So I'm into almost everything, especially international bands. I'm really into punk, certain generic rock groups, ocassional classical, hip hop with friends, pop with friends, and mostly anything else with an exception for dubstep. My usual playlists include Italian rock groups, some German industrial, Japanese everything, and seldomly a Russian rock or industrial group, in addition to whoever I am listening to at the time in English.

I'd say my favorite groups overall would be Kamiki Aya, Jun Kadotani, (sometimes) X Japan, Anna Tatangelo, and right now both Anti-Flag and Bad Religion.

Comment

I keep my tastes eclectic, but for everyday listening I loove dance music. Especially house & other electronic beats. Old school raver lol.

Comment

There are some good sets at http://www.tranceaddict.com/livesets.php. But alas, the downloads seem not to be working now...FTP connections are refused.

Comment

I like all music. This includes rock, blues, and classical. I enjoy anything that is played well!

I just finished watching AC Porter and the LiveWires at the Original Halibuts in Portland, Oregon. It was an evening of good food, drink, and good music.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          sigpic

Comment

I listen to a bunch of different genres, depending on my mood and "current state of mind". That's why I like Pandora.

I have about 21 stations and this is a list of some of the artists whose songs I have liked.

Blackmore's Night
                            Adiemus
                            Israel 'IZ' Kamakawiwo'ole
                            Godsmack
                            Apocalytica
                            Loreena McKennit
                            Weaver
                            Tina Cousins
                            Squirrel Nut Zippers
                            Big Bad Voodoo daddy
                            Evanescence
                            D.H.T.
                            Guns N' Roses
                            Nickeback
                            Inkubus Sukkubus
                            The Kingson Trio
                            Natalie MacMaster
                            Nightwish
                            Straight No chaser
                            Howard Shore
                            Pentanoix
                            boyce Avenue
                            Escala
                            Maire Brennan
                            the Borderers
                            Hans Zimmer
                            Apocalyptica
                            Bond
                            Norah Jones
                            Adele
                            Trans-Siberian Orchestra
                            Mediaeval Baebes
                            Rob Zombie
                            BYU vocal Point
                            David Garrett
                            Karl Jenkins
                            Basshunter
                            Iron Maiden
                            Harry Connick, Jr.
                            Glee Cast
                            Drunkenmunky
                            Escala
                            Motley Crue
                            Metallica
                            Megadeth
                            Eric Clapton
                            Static X

I just have to be careful which ones I play while driving in my car

Oh, and this doesn't include my Christmas music collection (some classics, some newer).
                            Last edited by dragonbite; Dec 18, 2013, 10:09 AM. Reason: forgot Christmas
                            Friends don't let friends wear a red shirt on landing-party duty.
                            DACS Linux Sig | Connecticut LoCo Team | My Blog
                            Ubuntu User# : 17583, Linux User# : 477531

Comment

I enjoy a good variety of music. Right now am listening to Beethoven's 9th symphony (also known as "The Choral Symphony"). Some consider Beethoven's 9th to be one of the greatest works ever written.

Parts of Beethoven's 9th symphony was used in a movie call Clockwork Orange (a rather disturbing movie directed by Stanley Kubrick). Walter Carlos did a Moog recording call Clockwork Orange used in the movie as I recall. I remember listening to that album a lot while not sober. That was about 40 years ago.

Ken.
                              Opinions are like rear-ends, everybody has one. Here's mine. (|)

Comment

Pentatonix.

Comment

Working...
                                X