This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsniadajewski View Post
    @Vinny Now that kicks ass!! Have you heard their new stuff yet?
    why yes I have .....kinda puts you in the mind of the "permanent vacations" era stuff ............."rocks" was one of my first 5 LP's ........ya that’s right vinyl

Originally posted by bsniadajewski View Post
    @sumski The bottom (Seven That Spells) looks quite ... visually appealing, if you know what I mean.
    LOL O ya

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Aerosmith has put out plenty of good stuff. I (personally) like anything from the late '80s to '90's (Permanent Vacation, Get a Grip), but I do like some of those earlier songs like "Dream On", "Walk This Way", and "Toys in the Attic"

AS I've mentioned earlier in this thread, I'm more into Hard Rock, so stuff like Aerosmith, AC/DC, Metallica, Iron Maiden, ZZTop gets me going, as well as Alice in Chains, Disturbed, Linkin Park, and ALterbridge.

LOL O ya :wink:

VINNY
      I knew someone would catch on.
      Last edited by bsniadajewski; Jun 16, 2012, 12:10 PM.
      The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

try this on for size .......................

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Now that's some good stuff from FFDP <<throws up the horns>> A very good metal band.
          I really loved their take on "Bad Company" by ... er ... Bad Company (It came off that band's self-titled debut album from 1974)
          The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

Right now listening to Rush: Clockwork Angels. Been listening to these guys for a very long time, going to see them in concert this Fall.

Comment

Bakuchi Dancer - Does

The only working video I've found...
              Last edited by Snowhog; Jun 23, 2012, 11:01 AM.
              "Just keep on learning. Little by little... If you're empty, then you can take in anything. If you want to be reborn, then it's in your best interest to become empty." - Vinland Saga

Comment

sigpic

Comment

LOL

Two wikipedia articles.

Bachata music.

Bachata dance (traditional)

I won't eat up server space with putting the video on here but here is one of the more current, and highly ranked, videos for Bachata Music. Please notice the marked downbeat and also the breaks in the feel of the music, which allows for a lot of "interpretation" during a dance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WivMb-s_UHI

Many decades ago I was a certified Arthur Murray instructor and later an informal one for singles groups and church dance groups.

Pursuant to that I considered that the "magic step" was probably the most "universal" in that one could break into a foxtrot, an "east coast swing", a two step or a "double two ( C & W ) even a cha cha ...but...

I have now come to the conclusion that the "traditional" (linear, not box) Bachata is possibly the most universal basic step because one can do it to just about any beat and break into multiple other steps therefrom.

The following is a video of a "dance lesson", for the VERY BASICS, and would probably only be of use to someone interested in dancing. (and no it is NOT me!)

It easily illustrates that the Bachata is a VERY SIMPLE dance and can be done by just about anyone, and can be kept as simple as desired or made more complex.

if one had ever done the "original (east coast ) swing step one can see that the various (basic) additions are basically those of the original swing.

But, the original linear motion opens up a LOT of possibilities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBCq0cSxvEE

wooddancin'foolsmoke
                  Last edited by woodsmoke; Jul 07, 2012, 12:49 PM.

Comment

I quite realize that my past experience in Kendo, a lot of practice, three major matches, of which I lost two and won one, is probably colouring my thinking on this, but this song is now in my top ten because the video and the music and my experiences are now merged.

woodsmoke

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
                      I quite realize that my past experience in Kendo, a lot of practice, three major matches, of which I lost two and won one, is probably colouring my thinking on this, but this song is now in my top ten because the video and the music and my experiences are now merged.
                      You might also enjoy the video to "Push the Limits" by Enigma.
                      sigpic
                      "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
                      -- Douglas Adams

Comment

News flash: Rolling Stones proof Zombie Voodoo really works, lol

Comment

HalationEffect

Thank you very much for that link. I had not seen it. I assume thatit is the one provided below, there are a lot of remixes of the music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_9O_aQ-oXs

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
                            HalationEffect

Thank you very much for that link. I had not seen it. I assume thatit is the one provided below, there are a lot of remixes of the music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_9O_aQ-oXs
                            Yep, that's the song I was thinking of. When I saw your post, my brain was telling me that I knew of another music video that had Kendo in it, so I thought I'd mention it to you

I've never practiced Kendo, but it has fascinated me ever since I read a translation of Go Rin No Sho by Miyamoto Musashi.
                            sigpic
                            "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
                            -- Douglas Adams

Comment

Yes! Great book! I have Cleary and Wilson translations, but can't read it in the original like SOME people! lol

Back in the hey day of Society for Creative Anachronisms my persona was Ahiru Midori no Kawa. Little green duck of the island. lol.

However, SCA has always been about European and British medieval stuff so the few Oriental personas were never very "accepted".

However, the our group held the largest meeting in the midwest of the time, with people attending from both coasts. And one reason was that we were able to rent.... a RELIGIOUS rural retreat! lol.

The supers said, NO BOOZE.... and they were loving the whole thing, the combat, and the 100 count needlepoint, we made "money" from broomstick handles, and the people used their mundane money to buy those and the folks then just traded mundane money out. great fun. HOWEVER.... a couple of people openly were drinking wine, AFTER we had warned them not to do so...and so the supervisors told us....never again!

I always thought that it was a way to sabotage the thing because we easily had the best place in the U.S. to host such a thing.

However, the other fellow and I actually demonstrated some simple "Kata", which is "sword drawing" and it was reasonably well received.

Great fun!

However, I hate to think of the damage to my body NOW.....from a kendo sword or the SCA club that used to be used! lol

woodsmoke

Comment

Ahh, that SCA stuff sounds fun! Pretty sure they (or a similar group) have a presence on this side of the pond too... I kinda wish I'd made the time to get involved with them when I could have done so. For various reasons it's not an option open to me now.
                                sigpic
                                -- Douglas Adams

Comment

Working...
                                X