X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What music do you listen to?

Blade Runner Blues ; Vangelis
    Robert Collard, Springfield, IL<br />Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop, Intel Duo T3400 CPUs @2.16Ghz<br />Xubuntu 9.10 x86_64

Comment

I love most types of music but one band has really caught my attention recently, The Blackeyed Peas. Everything they have done for the last 10 years + has been quality. Will-I-Ams new hairdo does it for me too.
      How often can you get this quality for free.

Comment

Past couple years, seems I don't listen to much. What I like, or it maybe "liked"... late 60's to '75 or 6. Pretty narrow preference. Rock. But lately, nothing....

Comment

Pretty much rock and metal (mostly nu-metal) but I'm an ex-soulboy so I still like all those fine pre-90's dance tracks, 80's, funk, jazz funk, reggae, dub and so on! Favourite bands are Godsmack, Spineshank, Rise Against, Linkin Park, Three Days Grace, Bullet For My Valentine, Atreyu, Trivium.

I pretty much detest rap, trance, garage, ambient, boy bands, electro and although I don't really mind Indie I tend to think it's a bit passionless.

Kyu

Comment

Rock
            Industrial
            Metal
            Electronic
            Synth

Comment

Really like classic rock, honky tonk country and blues
              If I knew half as much now as I thought I knew then, I&#39;d know twice as <br />much as I do.

Comment

My teenage years were in the 80's, so most of my music reflects that era. Really enjoy the "hair" bands of the time (Poison, Def Leppard, Van Halen (Sammy Hagar era), etc.

Also have a big collection of 80's pop, movie soundtracks, and Christian music.

Some music I have from the 90's, but the collection winds down as I entered the new decade of 2000.

Since moving to Oklahoma I've taken an interest in Country (Toby Keith & Rodney Atkins).

Can't stand rap, hip-hop or whatever they call it.

My last.fm profile.

http://www.last.fm/user/ScottyKUtah

Comment

I hear you man! Late 70's early 80's! Some Late 80's and some 90's and very few new bands in 2000's. Though Lady GaGa, to me, has some of the Early 80's influence and it does come through her music, so I tend to like her stuff.

Comment

Ben Watt
                    Kubuntu<br />FreeBSD 8.1<br />OpenBSD 4.7<br />Meego

Comment

For those of you that enjoy Pandora, I suggest this program to give you a desktop app that works great.

http://www.webupd8.org/2010/02/pitho...om-client.html

Comment

I've recently had a resurgence of interest in Marc Bolan (T.Rex), and have purchased numerous CDs and DVDs which I'm enjoying immensely, especially the concerts where Marc's showmanship is on full display. Very sad that he died so young (2 weeks shy of 30).

Other than that, it's classic rock all the way. With some classical music thrown in for good measure. Oh, some occasional jazz, too. Favorite classic rock: Queen, Moody Blues, Pink Floyd, Beatles, Janis Joplin, Cat Stevens, REM, and more. Basically, stuff from my youth!

Cannot stand rap...hip-hop...whatever they call it, or country music. Ugh.
                        Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Ah, Cat Stevens. Memories. Googled to see what is up with him currently (what is cat stevens up to now), and surprise of surprises, the 'Cat' is back!

Yusuf Islam - aka Cat Stevens - enchants packed Perth audience
                          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
                          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
                          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Yes! I watched a biography about Cat Stevens recently and it included current footage of him performing. I don't know why, exactly, but somehow it surprised me that after all these years he sounds just like he used to. I had such a problem with his decision, years ago, to basically condemn his old songs. It seemed so odd because HIS songs were never about "bad" things; they were insightful, thoughtful, meaningful. At any rate, I'm glad he's back but even if he weren't, I still have my CD collection.
                            Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Thrash-, Grind-, D-Beat-, Crust-, Peace-, Anarcho-, and nearly any other kinda hard-f****in'-core-Punk, as well as some of the mellower and more experimental stuff.

See for example:
                              - Municipal Waste
                              - Aus-Rotten
                              - Ganglion
                              - NOMEANSNO
                              - Neurosis
                              - Subhumans
                              - Anti-Product
                              - Crass
                              - This Bike is a Pipe Bomb

Comment

Always pop, in the past Westlife is my favorite , but now my heart is fully given to Taylor Swift

Comment

Working...
                                X