X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What music do you listen to?

Originally posted by wizard10000
    A rather eclectic collection for an old guy. Everything from swing to Rush to Enya to the Flecktones to the Rolling Stones. Prefer Johnny Winter to SRV and am a huge Aerosmith fan.

Yeah, I'm old.

I got those artist also. LOL
    Never considered myself old, yet anyway.. hehe :-)
    Kubuntu 10.10 - 64bit<br />AMD Phenom 9850 (2.5GHz Quad Core)<br />4GB DDR2-800 (Dual Channel)<br />NVidia GTX460<br />WD Caviar Blue HDDs (4x 320GB, RAID0)

Comment

Love Björk!! Have all but one of her albums. I even have all releases when she was with the Sugar Cubes!

Comment

Love Hendrix SRV Mahogany Rush any serious blues Joe Bonamassa Govt Mule . Old Favs Freddy, King Albert King,Albert Collins etc etc .
        Also love Chicago House ..yes sir
        http://www.chicagohousefm.com/

Comment

Have any of you guys used Spotify ( http://www.spotify.com/en/ ), I am using it in Linux with wine.. and loving it!!..

But in there I have tons of different types of music, raging from rage against the machine to classical.. which is just great, I can listen to any of my fav's without having to pay, well apart from a couple of ads here and there but to be honest, you kinder get used to them.
          codingfriends

Comment

I'm deaf, but enjoy music very much, though I feel it rather than hear it.

I like Paul Oakenfold, Metallica, Pantera, Hurt, Staind, Linkin Park, Soulfly, System Of A Down , Eternal Decision, and several other bands.
            &quot;The Geeks shall inherit the Earth&quot;<br /><br />Linus 5:5

Comment

Originally posted by bossa
              Love Hendrix SRV Mahogany Rush any serious blues Joe Bonamassa Govt Mule . Old Favs Freddy, King Albert King,Albert Collins etc etc .
              Also love Chicago House ..yes sir
              http://www.chicagohousefm.com/
              Attaboy.... Some legit music there. I'm down for any of that plus any John Mayer, Jason Mraz, or Jack Johnson.

Comment

I'm deaf, but enjoy music very much, though I feel it rather than hear it
                I'm not deaf but I believe I also prefer to feel rather than hear music.
                The funky rhythm of Rob Zombie with 1000watts of bass does it for me.

Comment

The Living End (Chris Cheney's guitarwork is simply mindblowing, and I think he'll eventually go down as one of Australia's greats), Green Day, SOAD AccaDacca (AC/DC), and some others.

But I also love some classical here and there.

Comment

Ahm, I listen metal most of the time, everything from Blind Guardian, Angra, Lacuna Coil, Van Canto, Kamelot, and alikes ^^

But I've been following a lot of podcasts lately, most of them in potuguese tough XD

Comment

allmost eveything I'v seen posted allreadey

but right now it's

01-Elvis Presley - Blue Christmas.mp3 08-Brian Setzer Orchestra - Blue Christmas.mp3
                      02 - Blue Christmas.mp3 09-Bright Eyes - Blue Christmas.mp3
                      03 - Blue Christmas.mp3 10-children songs - Porky Pig - Blue Christmas - FUNNY!.mp3
                      04-Sheryl Crow - Blue Christmas.mp3 11-Elvis Presley & Martina Mcbride- Blue Christmas.mp3
                      05- Andrea Bocelli - Blue Christmas.mp3 12-Freddy Fender - Blue Christmas.mp3
                      06-Bon Jovi - Very Special Xmas - Blue Christmas.mp3 13-Vince Gill-Blue Christmas-Christmas.mp3
                      07-Brenda Lee - Blue Christmas.mp3 14-Elvis Presley - Blue Christmas.mp3
                      that I made for the wifey 8)

but rite befor that was slipknot so ...........

☯VINNY☯
                      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                      16GB RAM
                      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

@Vinny: I seem to see a consistent theme there.

Comment

I was going to say the same thing. I've always liked how Elvis sang it so that being @ 01 is correct.

Comment

@askrieger thar's somthing to be sead for consistency .......LOL.....but mabey not with music ..the wife will play it all the way thrugh over and over....

@MoonRise O but of cours ....

and now it's Gretchen - hear for the party

You wouldent beleve the vearied selection that comes up when the 200 disk changer gose on randome everything from clasical to thrash

VINNY
                            i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                            16GB RAM
                            Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Screamo!!!! Atreyu, Finch ect...
                              Acer Aspire 5810TZ - Debian Sid (KDE 4.5.3)/Mac OS X 10.6.3<br />*Intel Pentium SU2700 @ 1.3GHz, 3 gig DDR3 RAM, Intel GMA x4500*<br /><br />Custom Desktop - Kubuntu 10.10 (KDE 4.6.1)<br />*2x Dual-Core Intel Xeon @3.2GHz, 3 gig RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT*<br /><br />iPod Touch 4th Gen - iOS 4.1 (Greenpois0n Jailbreak)<br />*

Comment

Originally posted by bastard_lunatic
                                I'm deaf, but enjoy music very much, though I feel it rather than hear it.

I like Paul Oakenfold, Metallica, Pantera, Hurt, Staind, Linkin Park, Soulfly, System Of A Down , Eternal Decision, and several other bands.
                                Wow that's really interesting! It always amaze me when I meet someone who can read lips(met one who could at work today), never thought of to actually physically feel music in that sense. Those bands are 'heavy'(?) from those I know of. I enjoy listening to some D-beat bands(Mob 47, Skitsystem and Behind Enemy Lines) and especially enjoy d-beat concerts, maybe you'd enjoy it.
                                ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)
                                Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.9.x (x86_64) - Debian "Squeeze" KDE 4.(5x) (x86_64)
                                Acer TimelineX 4820 TG | intel i3 | 4 GB ram| ATI Radeon HD 5600
                                Kubuntu 12.10 KDE 4.10 (x86_64) - OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE 4.10 (x86_64)
                                - Officially free from windoze since 11 dec 2009
                                >>>>>>>>>>>> Support KFN <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Working...
                                X