X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What music do you listen to?

Originally posted by Jhun Phil
    Anything that is good to my ears is worth listening. A scold from my mother is one thing though. But when it comes to music, I say that as long as I like it, no matter what genre it is, then its good to me.
    Definitely agree on that. For me the lyrics are more important than the music though.
    I hate crap that doesn't make sense.
    I listened to Aqua non stop for a while, their songs are so hard case.
    I have a favourite rendition of stairway to heaven done by Rolf Harris.
    Infernal out of Denmark are very good, Thievery Corporation, Tom Waits, Alice Cooper, all sorts of dance/rock/jazz.
    Have heard some awesome originals, like little red rooster from the twenties. A lot of stuff that most don't realise are covers.
    Just recently got Chris Cornell's album Scream. this has had quite a panning but I really like it.
    It is so different for him and was a really brave move. I congratulate him on not being afraid to try a completely new direction.
    A bit like leaping into Linux really.
    You don't need a license to drive a sandwich.

Comment

A little bit of everything, except rap, dance, techno, etc (makes me cringe).

I love hard rock, metal, classic rock, stuff along those lines.

Some favorite songs:

"For whom the bell tolls" & "Orion" - Metallica
      "Awake"& "Running Blind" - Godsmack
      "Paint it Black - "The Rolling Stones"
      "Machine Head" - Bush
      "Wo Bist Du" - Rammstein
      "Dragula" - Rob Zombie

and many many more
      • [li]ASUS M3N78-VM Motherboard[/li][li]AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Ed.[/li][li]WD 640GB HDD[/li][li]Corsair XMS2 4GB RAM[/li][li]LG DVR+RW[/li][li]Kubuntu 8.10 64bit & XP Home[/li]

Comment

I like Enigma, Enya, Queen, Annie Lennox, Andrea Bocelli.... Actually I like music from 80th-es mostly. SOmetimes I listen classics. Betowen and Chopin favorite ones.

Comment

Mostly metal and film scores.

Nightwish
          Children Of Bodom
          Timo Rautianen
          Hans Zimmer
          Stratovarius
          Sonata Arctica

Comment

mine is soul,R/B,,, never hard rock or anything else harmful to my ears (SORRY rock lovers! =)))

just now my player is on Ayo's albums,sometimes Norah Jones, and of the mood may be some modern pop music as well

"Situation could be much better than today,,,,
            Help is coming,,,,as long as you believe,,,
            Help is coming,for us to be released...."
            online background check<br />criminal background check

Comment

For me, the real question is "What music do you keep listening to?"
              I listen to anything and everything, but I've realised that from any given year there are only maybe two or three artists / groups that I keep going back to listen to again years later, and quite often they are not the ones that were my favourites at the time. Age, Oh age, Oh age!
              I&#39;m only here so often because I&#39;m too blinking lazy to learn shell!

Comment

I just downloaded:

The best of Jazz 60 songs
                Top 300 Rap songs of all time
                Led Zeppelin Discography
                500 Best of the Rolling Stones
                Tribe Called Quest Discography

Best 15 GB I have ever owned <Torrents

Comment

classic music is a part of my life,all the composers of 14-18 centuries are my favourites,,
                  that is the music which is really relaxing for me,nothing modern or pop,rock,,,,brrrr >
                  bomber jackets

Comment

Lucy you should try Nightwish, their music is called symphonic metal, and ranges between classic film scores and power metal. For a good example search Youtube for Ghost Love Score or Poet And The Pendulum.

Comment

Lisa Gerrard, of Dead Can Dance fame.

Arcade Fire. The Decemberists. Tori Amos. Björk. Emilie Simon. Fever Ray. Sinead. Nick Cave. ohGr. Godspeed You! Black Emperor. Cranes. PJ Harvey.

Post-industrial, industrial-electro, experimental electronic music: especially Involution, Doubting Thomas, cEvin Key, Coil and, above all, Download and Skinny Puppy. Front 242, sometimes. Reformed Faction. Amon Tobin. Autechre.

Listening to a lot of Joy Division lately. I'm still fond of post-punk, new wave and old school goth rock. Bauhaus, The Cure, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Tones on Tail, Daniel Ash.

Zoë Keating, plays cello while live-sampling herself. Check her out!

Laurie Anderson, too, gets a line to herself (and her tape-bow violin).

Stravinsky. Rachmaninoff. Mozart. Bach. But I'm still getting my bearings re: that_kinda_stuff.

(All links lead to last.fm's Flash player)

Comment

I guess classic rock is my favorite but I will listen to almost anything as long as it's good. Except country and it has to be very good before I listen to it.

Comment

Don't care which bands I listen to, as long as they make me angry. I like the angriest mind blowing hard core rock. I don't care what they are saying either, I prefer them not to sing. I like the hard riffs and aass lines with powerful drumming. I want to feel like I can run through 50 brick walls on an exploding motorcycle when I listen to music.
                          Sadly music on the radio does not come close, and my xm expired so I listen to nothing now. I do have the full disc set to led zep and black sabbath but I have not listened to them in years.
                          Saw mudvayne and slipknot in concert and they were good, but not hard enough.

Comment

I listen to and a lot of it

Comment

A rather eclectic collection for an old guy. Everything from swing to Rush to Enya to the Flecktones to the Rolling Stones. Prefer Johnny Winter to SRV and am a huge Aerosmith fan.

Yeah, I'm old.

we see things not as they are, but as we are.
                              -- anais nin

Comment

Bjork - Vespertine (album)
                                Kubuntu 10.10 - 64bit<br />AMD Phenom 9850 (2.5GHz Quad Core)<br />4GB DDR2-800 (Dual Channel)<br />NVidia GTX460<br />WD Caviar Blue HDDs (4x 320GB, RAID0)

Comment

Working...
                                X