This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What music do you listen to?

Whatever tags I happen to be editing in Kid3. Just finished The Beatles every regular released album. Before that was Pink Floyd's entire discography, next will be either more B's or Roger Waters.

Classic Rock, Ambient and Classical
    - kubuntu 11.10 | linux User #231826 | kubuntu user #23718<br />- x58/ich10r | i7-950 | 3@2GB 1600 3x channel | geforce gt240 1GB [19&quot; 16:10, 19&quot; 4:3] | 120GB ssd / 500GB / 1TB / dvd+-rw [sata ahci] | 600W wrapped in aluminum

Comment

By far, classical is the music I enjoy. There is some jazz though. My lastfm account is: http://www.last.fm/user/calcmandan

Comment

Well. I listen to a lot of kinds of music. I like pop. (especially MADONNA. She's the all-time queen of pop), rock, dance (trance, techno), hardrock, little bit of D'n'B. A little bit of R'n'B.

As long as there's a big diversity in the music gamma, i can enjoy a lot of genres.

Greetz, AWum

Comment

I listen to lots of different things.

I used to listen to Pandora until they stopped broadcasting outside the US. I listened recently and realised that it was not very good.

My latest discovery is www.deezer.com. Search for an artist (including Classical) Hit the "Artists" tab and you can play whole albums!!!

Who needs CDs?

Alan
          "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
          "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

I listen to lots of different things.

I used to listen to Pandora until they stopped broadcasting outside the US. I listened recently and realised that it was not very good.
            Have you tried last.fm ? It's on the lines of Pandora or MuxTape.. I've been using it for quite a while now and it has quite a selection.
            &quot;Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it&#39;s from Neptune.&quot; ~Noam Chomsky<br /><br />Gigabyte MB, AMD 64x2 6000, 2 Gigs Patriot DDR2, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX, 400Gig WD SATA HDD &amp; 1TB WD SATA HDD.

Comment

I have listened to last.fm.

Muxtape seems to be a dead at the moment. I briefly listened to Hushie , which strangely has the same graphic and font as Mustape. That is also dead. It too allowed you to download entire MP3s...

Alan
              "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
              "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

http://lifehacker.com/search/muxtape/
                &quot;Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it&#39;s from Neptune.&quot; ~Noam Chomsky<br /><br />Gigabyte MB, AMD 64x2 6000, 2 Gigs Patriot DDR2, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX, 400Gig WD SATA HDD &amp; 1TB WD SATA HDD.

Comment

alt rock, 80s like matchbox twenty and berlin!

Comment

I do enjoy very much, from electronica to jazz .. but atm it's mostly jazz, and US jazz - Coltrane, Hancock, Corea and Miles (lost post the 70s more or less in US sorry :S )(Edit; Yea I saw herbie this year but not like hes peaking now ) however I'd like to promote (pre 70s yea, but stumbled upon a clip) Jan Johansson for those who haven't heard him and ofc Esbjörn Svensson trio

Since I don't know fm thingys to post, for anyone who'd like to hear I post a youtube one, or two

Jan Johansson
                    and ofc...
                    Esbjörn Svensson

both passed away to soon regretebly
                    ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)
                    Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.9.x (x86_64) - Debian "Squeeze" KDE 4.(5x) (x86_64)
                    Acer TimelineX 4820 TG | intel i3 | 4 GB ram| ATI Radeon HD 5600
                    Kubuntu 12.10 KDE 4.10 (x86_64) - OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE 4.10 (x86_64)
                    - Officially free from windoze since 11 dec 2009
                    >>>>>>>>>>>> Support KFN <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Metallica, Blind Guardian, Coldplay, Daft Punk, Neil Young

Comment

Rock mostly but I'll listen to any type of music.

Comment

I'll give you an idea of the kind of music I enjoy by listing some of my favorite songs.

"Bush Doctor" - Peter Tosh
                          "What a Wonderful World" - Louis Armstrong
                          "Fire for the People" - Blue Scholars
                          "Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss" - Bloodhound Gang
                          "The Rabbit" - 12 Stone Toddler
                          "Next Movement" - The Roots
                          "Smoke on the Water" - Deep Purple
                          "Fairies Wear Boots" - Black Sabbath
                          "Paschendale" - Iron Maiden
                          "Lacrimosa (Requiem)" - Mozart
                          "O Fortuna" - Carl Orff
                          "Kyrie" - Mr. Mister
                          "Stop Start" - Asian Dub Foundation
                          "Pampa Lirima" - Wayanay Inka
                          "Oh Danny Boy" - various
                          "Sandstorm" - Darude

Draw your own conclusions...

Comment

Anything that is good to my ears is worth listening. A scold from my mother is one thing though. But when it comes to music, I say that as long as I like it, no matter what genre it is, then its good to me.
                            Webkinz a ganz website<br />health insurance california

Comment

Hi all,

I listen to a lot of folk metal these days, but I'm open to all styles of music and I'm always eager to discover new artists. I need to resolve a few issues with Amarok and my Ipod to start scrobbling properly again on lastfm, but here is my profile:

http://www.last.fm/user/AmePaienne
                              Configuration:<br />Kubuntu 9.04<br />Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 - Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3R - 4x1024 Corsair DDR2-6400 - ATI Radeon HD4850

Comment

Hi! I'm new here, and just getting myself familiar not only with Linux, but the forums as well. I love listening to music, and I'm not that picky about it. I'll listen to just about anything except Rap. Some of my favorites include Led Zeppelin, Cheap Trick, Styx, Molly Hatchet, BTO, Boston, Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, and lots more...

Comment

Working...
                                X