This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What music do you listen to?

I listen to about 95% Drum & Bass. I like all the sub-genres, but generally the deeper, more evil, darker stuff is my favorite. Anything from Darkstep, Hardstep, Techstep, or Neurofunk to Liquid Funk. Some of the artists that I think stand out are Teebee, Noisia, Concord Dawn, Danny Byrd, London Elektricity, ShyFX, Dom & Roland, Evol Intent, Calyx, Total Science, Cyantific, etc...

4% Dubstep - Some artists I like are Christine Vaccine, Skream, Scuba, Kode9, N-type, and Plastician.

1% Underground HipHop - Atmosphere, Eyedea, Sage Francis, Aesop Rock, Anticon, Jedi Mind Tricks, Immortal Technique, Jurassic 5, CunninLynguists, etc...

In my opinion there isn't a single thing on American radio that is worth listening to. :P :-X

Some good places to download free mixes of this stuff:
    http://www.dogsonacid.com/mixes/
    http://www.breaksblog.biz
    http://www.dubstepforum.com/viewforum.php?f=2

Comment

i am probley the only one here or at least the only one that will admit that i listen to christian rock,native christian and native music.
      http://www.last.fm/user/dogsoldier/

Comment

Almost anything except rap, (most) country western and punk. My collection includes, Enya, Simply Red, Moody Blues, Elvis, Three Dog Night, Charlie Pride, Blue Man Group, Santana, Fresh Aire, Tangerine Dream, Fleetwood Mac, B.B. King, Eric Clapton, The Temptations, Conway Twitty, just to name a few. 8)
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

HEAVY METAL.... And or HARD ROCK....

AC/DC, Mettalica, Ozzy Osbourne, Twisted Sister, Def Leppard, KOrN, etc etc... 8)

Comment

Lots of randomness in my collection I guess, but you can see what i been listening to lately here: http://www.last.fm/user/HighHo/

Comment

What, not even one Jethro Tull fan?
              I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.<br /><br />Registered Linux User No. 402825

Comment

I'm a D'n'B head and old skool Junglist a lot of the time :P avid Bassdrive listener with surprisingly healthy eardrums.

I'll also listen to pretty much everything else when I feel like it: everything form Chopin and Debussy to Papa Roach to be honest, very eclectic tastes
                Compy: AMD 64x2 6000+, Crosshair mobo, Enermax PSU, 4GB DDR2 800, 8800GTS 640mb, 24in cheapy monitor + secondary 17in, aprrx 1.6tb storage (internal) + external DVDrw, lots of nice big blue shiny quiet fans.

Comment

http://www.last.fm/user/cyclefiend2000

plus i listen to radio nigel a good bit at work...
                  http://www.radionigel.com/

Comment

Snowhog's collection looks a lot like mine -- I'd add Lorena McKennitt, the McGarrigles, Cowboy Junkies .... But, this summer I recorded my father's collection of 78-rpm records from the 1930s and 1940s, and I find myself listening to those old tracks and kind of enjoying some of them, noise and all. "Latin" music was kind of a fad at that time, apparently, and so I've got rhumbas and such, and old Xaviar Cugat's band, and Tex Ritter (father of the late TV star John Ritter) and so it's fun to pull up those and sample them.

Comment

Originally posted by Lowey
                      I like Jethro Tull. my old man got me in to them when i was about 10 years old.
                      right now i'm listening to a condensed version of my music collection which is a mixed bag of nuts if you will. Skinny Puppy, Nine Inch Nails, AC/DC, Dropkick Murphys, Reel Big Fish, Sepultura, As I Lay Dying, Lords of Acid, Revolting C*cks, Ministry, Pigface, 311, A Perfect Circle, Alice In Chains, Bad Religion, Bjork, The Clash, The Ramones, The Misfits, Jimmie's Chicken Shack, Front Line Assembly, Deftones, John Lennon, KMFDM, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Led Zepplin, Wolfmother, Lynard Skynard, Ozzy/Black Sabbath, Pantera, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Steve Miller Band

there is a lot more than that. i think there is even some simon & garfunkel in there too.

Comment

The albums currently on my music player are:

Animal Collective - Strawberry Jam
                        Beirut - The Flying Club cup
                        Grizzly Bear - Friend
                        Iron and Wine - The Shepherds Dog
                        Jens Lekman - Night Falls Over Kortedala
                        The Knife - Silent Shout
                        Ratatat - Classics
                        Rufus Wainwright - Release The Stars
                        Yeasayer - All Hour Cymbals

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
                          Tex Ritter (father of the late TV star John Ritter).
                          I did not know that. I am also using my usb turntable to rip 78's. Mine, not my Dad's, but they have been stored at my Mom's for about 35 years. A lot of the IDM I listen to doesn't come on CD, so had to bite the bullet.

Comment

Classic rock:
                            The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zepplen, and various other groups that I like but, not as much as those.

Blues:
                            Lead Belly, B.B. King, Stevie Ray Vahn, Little Joe Washington, I particularly like pre-World War I recording.

Punk Rock:
                            The Dead Boys, Stiv Bators, The New York Dolls, The Dwarves, FEAR, Iggy Pop and the Stooges, Joy Division, Bauhaus, The Flaming Lips.

Folk:
                            James Taylor, Johnny Cash

Metal:
                            The Melvins

Shoegaze;
                            My Bloody Valentine

"Indie" (I really despise that term):
                            The Books

New Wave:
                            New Order, Lords of the New Church, Depeche Mode

World Music:
                            Zikar Hussen

Comment

I go along with Snowhog , Dibl and Claydoh, though with a flare by adding Mazy Star/Hope Sandoval, Feist, Cowboy Junkies, The Sundays, Sisters of Mercy, Sixpence. And a little Kraftwerk and Art of Noise. Well, as you can see it's all over the spectrum.

Comment

Originally posted by Lowey
                                No, I like JT too. Saw him in Concert in Anchorge, Alaska a number of years ago.
                                Windows no longer obstructs my view.
                                Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
                                "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
                                X