Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even though it so isn't the kind of music I normally listen to, I find myself really liking Grinder's Blues by Poets of the Fall.

I discovered it while playing Rochard (it's part of the game's soundtrack), and I just can't get it out of my head - so damn catchy!
    sigpic
    "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
    -- Douglas Adams

Comment

Bonjour à toutes et à tous,

Mon groupe fétiche est Toto qui pour moi reste un des meilleurs à ce jour :

http://www.totofrance.com/

--
      Bien cordialement,
      Kubun
      Last edited by kubun; Dec 16, 2012, 08:54 AM.
      cordially,
      Kubun

Comment

@kubun

Toto? You mean the band behind "Africa" and "Love Isn't Always on Time"(both good songs)? Now that's old school there. (Not that ther is anything wrong with that. I'm a bit like that myself, though with heavier bands like KISS and Black Sabbath).
        The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

I think the lyrics of this song are amazing, and I like the upbeat tempo of ska:

Comment

Originally posted by bsniadajewski View Post
            @kubun

Toto? You mean the band behind "Africa" and "Love Isn't Always on Time"(both good songs)? Now that's old school there. (Not that ther is anything wrong with that. I'm a bit like that myself, though with heavier bands like KISS and Black Sabbath).
            Hello bsniadajewski,

Toto has not only "Africa" ​​and "Love Is not Always on time" in its registry. Instrumentally and vocally, I think this is really art and top level.

Now, there are other band I listen to regularly, for example:
            Deep Purple Judapriest, satriani, Iron Maiden, AC DC, Gary Moore among many others but this is a completely different course ...

What I like about Toto is that it is able to play hard, blues, walks, jazz, etc ... They are complete in my eyes. That's why I love them so much.
            cordially,
            Kubun

Comment

Cool! and Bienvenue
              The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

Hello,

thank you bsniadajewski
                cordially,
                Kubun

Comment

Avec plaisir! (or would "de rien" work as well? I'm not a French speaker, though I know a few words here and there)

Comment

I like ska! I'm currently listening to Five Alarm Funk. You can find my last DOT fm under the username unheeding0. I would post a link but I need two more posts, hence I'm posting so I can post my workaround in another thread! Apparently file names are links. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                      Ok folks, what kind of music/bands do you listen to? (it's in the title...)
                      During the evenings I mainly listen to Planet Rock, not on-line but on DAB here in the UK.

Comment

hello, I like metal , trance, rock music very much;
                        I use Audacious to listen to my mp3 files

Comment

Metallica, Manowar and such things.
                          Kubuntu 13.10 saucy 3.11.0-12-generic 64bit (el_GR.UTF-8, kde-plasma), Windows 7
                          AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+ ‖ RAM 1750 MiB ‖ ALiveNF6P-VSTA
                          nVidia C61 [GeForce 6150SE nForce 430] [10de:03d0] {nvidia}
                          eth0: nVidia MCP61 Ethernet [10de:03ef] (rev a2)

Comment

I like mumford and sons a lot, and the civil wars, the black keys have an interesting sound too. But I'm never really music crazy, I think it's nice to listen to that's kind of it.

Comment

Any music will do.

Comment

I doubt anyone looks at this thread, but as a musician and someone who can't live without music I have to contribute lol!

I'm a classical pianist so naturally I like classical music, but I'm fussy. I can't stand most things written between the mid 1600s and mid 1800s; before or after that is great, particularly 'contemporary classical' music (I hate having to label it, but some examples are Messiaen, Steve Reich, John Adams, Ligeti...)
                                I don't like the texture of most orchestral music, but percussion orchestras/ensembles are ok cause I'm obsessed with percussion.
                                Aside from classical, I love metal - particularly progressive metal - but I'm fussy about that too. I can't stand clean vocals or the kind of vocals in 'early' metal like metallica...yeah, I'm hard to please.
                                I'm much more likely to enjoy music if no singing/vocals are involved in it; that applies to ALL genres (opera, ugh!)
                                Funny thing is I'm a singer myself. I just don't like listening to it.
                                "Stella", HP Pavilion 15-ak006TX: KDE Neon User Edition dual-booted with Windows 10, 8gb RAM, Intel i7-6700HQ CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX950M graphics, 2 TB hard drive

Comment

Working...
                                X