Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what VINNY's ben doing the past month or so :)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what VINNY's ben doing the past month or so :)

still a work in progress but .............

http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ywright/house/

ya that's my little house.

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Re: what VINNY's ben doing the past month or so

That's something I need to do to my house. Fix it up. That's a very nice job you've done.

Good for you Vinny. My house is in desperate need of a makeover.
    Boot Info Script

Comment

Looks like a lot of hard work Vinny -- congrats on a great job!

p.s. I like your little garden. We had fried cabbage from my garden a week ago, and our first green beans yesterday, and zucchini today. I see some yellow crookneck squash coming along for next week. And I got the first habañero pepper today -- a real beauty -- don't know for sure who I'm going to get to eat it!

Comment

Looks nice, vinny. Dig the olde fashioned windows
        Welcome newbies!
        Verify the ISO
        Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

Really nice, clean work Vinny. Great "restoration." Nice detail. Besides the solid work, I notice two things: (1) No sky! All clouds! Where I live (Southwest USA), it's all clear turquoise-blue sky. (2) The excellent scaffolding. Geez! I've done a lot of work on construction (labor, for almost all trades), and every time it was some shaky pole/post fit together with wavy, loose 2x12's for planks, even up a few levels, even on concrete pours on cantilevered balconies (where, yep, I was behind a wheelbarrow for the pour). Fancy damn scaffolds you got there! That also tells me you don't live out here
          An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by verndog
            That's something I need to do to my house. Fix it up. That's a very nice job you've done.

Good for you Vinny. My house is in desperate need of a makeover.
            I will be avalabel for bid's in a week or so.........LOL

Originally posted by dibl
            Looks like a lot of hard work Vinny -- congrats on a great job!

p.s. I like your little garden. We had fried cabbage from my garden a week ago, and our first green beans yesterday, and zucchini today. I see some yellow crookneck squash coming along for next week. And I got the first habañero pepper today -- a real beauty -- don't know for sure who I'm going to get to eat it!
            O I'll eat it .......or chop it up in some chili

Originally posted by Telengard
            Looks nice, vinny. Dig the olde fashioned windows
            O you notesed how old it is by the windows hugh.....circa 1948..........and quite fun to rebild the roten ones ..... mostley just the sill's

Originally posted by Qqmike
            Really nice, clean work Vinny. Great "restoration." Nice detail. Besides the solid work, I notice two things: (1) No sky! All clouds! Where I live (Southwest USA), it's all clear turquoise-blue sky. (2) The excellent scaffolding. Geez! I've done a lot of work on construction (labor, for almost all trades), and every time it was some shaky pole/post fit together with wavy, loose 2x12's for planks, even up a few levels, even on concrete pours on cantilevered balconies (where, yep, I was behind a wheelbarrow for the pour). Fancy damn scaffolds you got there! That also tells me you don't live out here
            LOL ya it's ben a stormey few week's..........I'v ben in construction for 30+ years and have ben behind that wheelbarrow of your's once or twice our scaffold HAS to be good (OSHA) and we will be 4-5 6' buck's high rutenley......I'v had those puppy's 11 buck's high befor

O it's North Carolina hear........the house was a rent house for sevrall years and being 60+ years old it has 60+ year's of pant to remove befor I even think abought adding mine + renaling recalking reglasing bla bla bla ........

thanks for the nice job all........I feel all warm and fuzzey ..... 8)

VINNY
            16GB RAM

Comment

I am jealous of your garden.

It's rained so much here in Lincoln, NE, that I haven't had to water the lawn even once so far this year. Usually, I began watering it around the last of April or the first of May. Our normal rain fall is 28 inches per year, with July supplying 3.5 inches. So far this July we've had 5.83 inches, 9.9 inches in June, 3.7 in May and 2.53 in April. Our total so far is 25.5 inches (normal - 17.7) and we've got 5 months to go!

As a result of all the rain 3 of my 5 Tomato plants show rain damage -- the bottoms of the Tomatoes turn black. Calcium doesn't help. My peas died before they could supply a plate full of crop. The Lettuce managed just a couple cuttings before it died. The beats never developed a tuber. The onions didn't shoot a leaf. The carrots are about the size of my thumb, those that haven't died. When (if) we harvest whats left I suspect that they won't amount to what's in a single bag of carrots from the grocery store. When it isn't raining it is hot and humid. Half of my pole beans have mildew and died. The other half have supplied enough beans to fill a two quart bowl.

My wife and I are now asking ourselves if we even want to waste the money on a garden next year.

Like I said, I'm jealous...

NICE JOB ON THE HOUSE, by the way! 8)
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
              – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek

It's rained so much here in Lincoln, NE, that I haven't had to water the lawn even once so far this year. Usually, I began watering it around the last of April or the first of May. Our normal rain fall is 28 inches per year, with July supplying 3.5 inches. So far this July we've had 5.83 inches, 9.9 inches in June, 3.7 in May and 2.53 in April. Our total so far is 25.5 inches (normal - 17.7) and we've got 5 months to go!

You've got me started now GG. Here in Manchester UK, the home of rain, we had 15 inches of snow at Christmas, it's been peeing down for the last 3 weeks or more, but apparently it's been too dry and we've got a hosepipe ban > I believe the water companies find it easier to do this than fix the leaks in their pipes.

Anyway, back to topic - the house is looking great Vinny, a real credit to you. How about this

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3112064.0

on your porch - think the missus will go with it ??

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek
                  I am jealous of your garden.

As a result of all the rain 3 of my 5 Tomato plants show rain damage -- the bottoms of the Tomatoes turn black. Calcium doesn't help. My peas died before they could supply a plate full of crop. The Lettuce managed just a couple cuttings before it died. The beats never developed a tuber. The onions didn't shoot a leaf. The carrots are about the size of my thumb, those that haven't died. When (if) we harvest whats left I suspect that they won't amount to what's in a single bag of carrots from the grocery store. When it isn't raining it is hot and humid. Half of my pole beans have mildew and died. The other half have supplied enough beans to fill a two quart bowl.

My wife and I are now asking ourselves if we even want to waste the money on a garden next year.

Like I said, I'm jealous...

NICE JOB ON THE HOUSE, by the way! 8)
                  well the shot of the garden was from in June as of now it's ben raining so mutch that the Tomato's blew over in a storm and have the same bottom rot as yours and the squash is roting as it grows (well some of them) but the okra is dowing swell and the sweet potato's look to be to.......

Originally posted by The Liquidator

You've got me started now GG. Here in Manchester UK, the home of rain, we had 15 inches of snow at Christmas, it's been peeing down for the last 3 weeks or more, but apparently it's been too dry and we've got a hosepipe ban > I believe the water companies find it easier to do this than fix the leaks in their pipes.

Anyway, back to topic - the house is looking great Vinny, a real credit to you. How about this

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3112064.0

on your porch - think the missus will go with it ??
                  I acualey thought about that for a second..........mabey right over the dore like a gear portall ....he he ........or as a crest on the little gabel over the portch......ya that's it

VINNY
                  16GB RAM

Comment

I live in Southern California. Rain? What's that. We had something wet that fell from the sky last December, I think. Anyway, all the streets got wet and slippery.

I envy the green lands I see. Like Oregon, Washington. But then the people there looked depressed all the time. So I guess its be happy where ever you live.
                    Boot Info Script

Comment

The grass is always greener. Living in the desert Southwest, I sometimes miss northern/central Illinois and Indiana where I spent 25 years growing up and then college and graduate schools. But then my friends back there remind me about their suffocating 90%+ humidity, the bugs, the flooded basements, the tornado warning sirens going off at dinner time, and all the lawn-mowing that relentlessly beckons. But sure would be nice to get some rain now and then, more than the 8 inches a year that we get here. But I got what I asked for--clear blue skies and a drier climate.
                      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
                      X