This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yahoo! They capped it!!!

I present the before and after pictures of the event.

It's still spewing oil, but they've attached the device which will allow them to connect to the new cap, which is waiting 100 feet above this well head.
    Attached Files
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Re: Yahoo! They capped it!!!

I read it here before it even appeared on the BBC - thank not God, not BP but some engineer, I'm sure

The relief is simply too big to put into words.
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

You can see the oil spewing from the top of the new connector device, from a distance and close up.

I captured a movie of the successful connection attempt, which was the second try. They did it pretty quickly and deftly. Like you say, some engineer deserves a pat on the back and an "Atta Person".
      Attached Files
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

BP describes the next step here.

Comment

Working...
        X