This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"It is quite a three pipe problem, ..."

Snowhog uses that quotation on his signature.

I didn't really understand its true significance until this morning when I watched "The Hound of Baskervilles" starring Peter Cushing, while lounging in bed this morning (Ah, the joys of retirement! ). In one scene Holmes tells Dr Watson to bring some extra tobacco because this mystery is "a two pipe problem".

Now I understand!

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Re: "It is quite a three pipe problem, ..."

Sherlock Holmes quotes:

The Adventure of the Red-Headed League

"It is quite a three pipe problem, and I beg that you won't speak to me for fifty minutes."
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
      "It is quite a three pipe problem, and I beg that you won't speak to me for fifty minutes."
      Hey, I seem to recall that. The "don't speak to me for fifty minutes" part stuck with me.
      Welcome newbies!
      Verify the ISO
      Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
        Sherlock Holmes quotes:

The Adventure of the Red-Headed League

Ah, THANKS! Now I am going to get a hold of that movie and watch it!

EDIT:
        I located a version of the film here, and heard that line at 2 minutes and 33 seconds of part 3 of 5! 8)
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
        X