This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sabayon

I think it's a pretty nice distro, what do you think?
    yes
    0%
    no
    0%
    Registered Linux User 545823

Re: Sabayon

last couple of releases have been very nicely down. The installer is still a pita IMO.

I love that they make an effort to have a games release and the artwork is one of the best.

Please Read Me

Comment

I think it's the most beautiful distro out there , but I still can't understand well their software manager (Entropy) .
      Dual Partition: Kubuntu 10.04 &amp; Windows 7<br />Linux Registered User #485739<br />&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br />&quot;If Linux doesn&#39;t have the solution, you have the wrong problem.&quot;

Comment

AFAICT: the package manage is web-based, unless you choose to use pacman from it roots in arch
        Registered Linux User 545823

Comment

I took a look at the Sabayon page at distrowatch. No Amarok, no Emacs, no me.

Comment

That's weird, they just stopped including amarok (-1) and firefox isn't uptodate (-1) and thunderbird isn't even included anymore (-1) and chromium isn't included (-1) and they've been including mono (-1) except for the last release.

That's a total of -5. Too bad.
            Multibooting: Kubuntu Noble 24.04
            Before: Jammy 22.04, Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
            Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly
            Using Linux since June, 2008

Comment

Originally posted by askrieger
              ... no Emacs, no me.
              My son told me he finished writing the Job announcement for the Oracle dbm that will replace him (since he was moved to management) and he joked "All he has to do to instantly get the job is say he uses Emacs!"
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
              – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Tried it a while back, but it felt kind of sluggish, and had a few minor problems, so it didn't stay installed for long.
                Shinda Sekai Sensen<br /><br />Kubuntu Maverick RC x64 w/ Kde 4.5.2 (main)<br />Kubuntu 10.04 x64 w/ Kde 4.5.1 to be wiped, no point in keeping it any longer

Comment

Working...
                X