This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VMware Player 3.1 Released

I have installed it on Kubuntu 10.04 and also sidux, and it installed cleanly with no issues or errors. I have Win XP and Win 7 VMs, and they are running just fine on Player 3.1.

http://downloads.vmware.com/d/info/d...are_player/3_0

Re: VMware Player 3.1 Released

Yeah, I have it working nicely on my installs.

Some neat new features as well (3D support, etc). I could even build a guest vm.
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Thank you. Downloading it now.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Installed.

My impression is that 3.1 loads my Win XP Pro VM considerably faster than the 3.0.1 version I was running. It also improved a mouse problem I had in Quicken 2002. There was a transition zone, for lack of a better description, within Quicken, where the mouse would become 'jerky.' This has become almost un-noticeable in 3.1.0.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Yep.
          quote from here:
          http://www.zdnet.com/blog/perlow/vir...e_skin;content
          Accelerated 2D graphics and comprehensive 3D graphics support for select guest OSes. VMware can allocate up to 256MB of virtualized video RAM and has full support for Windows Direct3D, OpenGL 2.13D and DirectX9.0c with Shader Model 3 support.
          sharing folder with player 3.1 is very snappy. Don't need samba anymore
          HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
          4 GB Ram
          Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
          X