This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elegant Kubuntu Installation on Dell 400, Zino HD

I just installed Kubuntu on my Dell 400 (Zino HD); it was great. I have used Debian (Lenny) on my Mac (eMac OSX Tiger) for some time; so I tried to install Debian on my Zino; but I was unable to get the internet connection. So it was wonderful to have such an elegant installation experience with kubuntu. I have 3GB Memory, 250GB Hard Drive, AMD Athlon 3250e processor. It was delivered to me a few days ago from Dell with Windows 7, 64-bit which I used to download the Kubuntu installation and all the recommended software. I had tried to install Ubuntu from a disk that I had; but it also would not set up the ethernet connection. I appreciate all the work that has gone into making Kubuntu such an elegant experience.

Re: Elegant Kubuntu Installation on Dell 400, Zino HD

Glad that you found Kubuntu 'to your liking.' It's been my sole Linux OS since I first tried to use Debian back in 2005-6 (Debian 'Woody' - I still have the seven-CD set!). It wasn't a 'pleasant' experience. Then, I had a Sony VAIO laptop, and getting things to work with Debian was, well, neither intuitive or simple. In the end, I gave up. It wasn't until 2007, when I tried Linux again, this time, with Kubuntu Edgy Eft. It's been Kubuntu ever since.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
    X