This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to remove MONO from Ubuntu

When installing from any PPA, by definition, you are assuming that the packager who maintains the PPA is reputable and that the packages maintained there are 'clean' and 'safe.' I've added two PPAs in Lucid: kubuntu-ppa-ppa-lucid and samrog131-ppa-lucid. Both are trusted, and both have signing keys. The keys ensure that packages on the PPAs are authentic - put there by the PPA maintainer.

A basic tenant to adhere to, when contemplating installing anything, is, "When in doubt, chicken out." (Unless you relish living on the edge)
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

So that means I shouldn't trust you at all...
      Multibooting: Kubuntu Noble 24.04
      Before: Jammy 22.04, Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
      Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly
      Using Linux since June, 2008

Comment

Well, I don't have a PPA, so no problem there. As to following any advice I post here in KFN, the other, older, tenant applies: "Trust, but verify."

When ever I post help/suggestions, if I'm not sure of it, I (almost always, unless I forget) post some type of caveat so that the OP understands, or at least is told, that they have to decide to follow it or not.

As my KFN avatar shows, I 'look for answers or solutions' to questions posted here. I use Google A LOT, and I'm pretty good at mining it for answers. 8)
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
          I use Google A LOT, and I'm pretty good at mining it for answers. 8)
          Me too! 99% of my answers here on Kubuntu forum come from a Google search. (That's because I can't remember what I did in the past for any length of time, so Google is my memory!)

Google is HS, College and Grad school rolled into one. It is the news, opinion and entertainment.

Without Google the Internet couldn't offer a fraction of what Google makes accessible. (And Bing doesn't even come close.)
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

can't be said enough!!! I wouldn't be running linux if I wasn't able to "google" my problem. Google and linux have a very nice synergistic relationship.
            FKA: tanderson

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
              A basic tenant to adhere to, when contemplating installing anything, is, "When in doubt, chicken out." (Unless you relish living on the edge)
              I used to call my car the "Chicken Hawk". When asked why I'd explain that because of the weather I was afraid to fly the Cessna SkyHawk to a business appointment.
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
              – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Thought this was worth sharing: http://www.pwnage.ca/?p=683

Comment

Working...
                X