This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slaveware!

All you newbies fresh off the Microsoft plantation should read this article.

Remember, it's one thing to voluntarily buy proprietary software because no equivalent FOSS exist for that niche. It is another thing entirely to be FORCED to use, AND PAY FOR, software you do not need or want, or to have the right to use free software stolen by legal tricks.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Re: Slaveware!

It's a nice article It includes and summarizes many other articles I've been reading lately.

Those who get in their way or pay enough attention get to see their true colors. "Good artists copy, great artists steal". Intellectual property and patents don't really protect anything or anyone since someone with lots of money ends up buying them. So what is the real purpose? I suppose they are like some cheat codes for the big funny game some corporations are playing because competition must be eliminated at any cost and control must be preserved. Let's see who wins, the "great artists" or those ones who really invent and develop something useful for themselves and other people all over the world in a free and open way which allows them to contribute and also improve the product, making the product the best possible for everyone. But maybe it's just more funny to play the other game hein? Oh well...

Comment

Re: Slaveware!

Good article. I expect nothing less form M$ or APPLE. They continue to be who they are and are allowed to.

Comment

Working...
      X