This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Kubuntu Lucid Lynx Experience

A few hours after the official Kubuntu 10.04 final release I downloaded the ISO at a incredible speed, considering it was release day, and after a md5sum I burned it to my DVD-RW with k3b on my previous Kubuntu 9.10 installation. After that I cleaned my previous partitions with the dd command and reformatted them using GParted Live CD. Once it was done, I rebooted with Kubuntu Lucid Lynx on my DVD drive, tested it and installed it. The installation was faster than the previous one in Karmic Koala and once installed everything runs pretty fine and fast.

My hardware is:

- Intel P4 3.0GHz Processor
    - 1.5GB RAM DDR 200 MHz
    - ASUS P5S800-VM Motherboard (which already includes onboard sound, vga and ethernet, all of low quality)

It's an old computer with 6 years, but Linux keeps it young I already tested all the software I use and everything works just perfect and very fast. It's another great release and KDE SC 4.4 is really awesome.

Congratulations on another awesome release I'm glad Linux and Open Source Software exists.

Re: My Kubuntu Lucid Lynx Experience

Not so good for me. I have a Dell Inspiron 1000 laptop with a Netgear wifi card. I upgraded from 9.10 to 10.04 this morning and now the wifi card doesn't seem to even get power. See my other post here.

Comment

Working...
    X