This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu is boring

I've used various versions of Linux over the years (Red Hat, Slackware, Gentoo), and Kubuntu is by far the most boring of them all. Gentoo, for example, was often very exciting to use because a routine software update could easily trash my system resulting in an entertaining several days as I recompiled various packages and tried to clean up the mess. Kubuntu? It just works. How boring.

Well done, Team Kubuntu.

Re: Kubuntu is boring

Comment

+1

Comment

Let's continue to keep it that way. "If it isn't broke, don't fix it!"
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
          Let's continue to keep it that way. "If it isn't broke, don't fix it!"
          An unrealistic expectation for most of us, methinks!

Comment

I agree. Used to have a PC mediacenter,crashing constantly under win7. Switched to kubuntu, the thing is so stable it become really boring. Upgraded to 10.04. No luck. After upgrade the desktop shows up, in the proper resolution, colors, settings, network. Nothing to tinker with. The thing just works. There aren't even any drivers to install.

Comment

My sister tried Ubuntu and had issues and went and got Win7. I was disappointed. Well, guess what? Win7 started going the way of all of their past issues. Go figure. She used 10.04 yesterday and EVERYTHING worked out of the box! Another convert @ last! I hear that more and more from users about M$. They are growing VERY tired of the problems.

Comment

Working...
              X