This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Chrome - Any one else Like?

OK. I've been a FireFox user for a VERY long time. Almost day one. I never thought I'd change and I really put Google down for Chrome. Tried Google Chrome this week. I find myself preferring it more over FireFox. I don't know why. It seems to be what I remember FireFox when it first came out. Seems fast as well. Any body else?

Re: Google Chrome - Any one else Like?

I tried it some time back. Removed it, and I don't remember why exactly. For my needs, Konqueror is just fine.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise
      OK. I've been a FireFox user for a VERY long time. Almost day one. I never thought I'd change and I really put Google down for Chrome. Tried Google Chrome this week. I find myself preferring it more over FireFox. I don't know why. It seems to be what I remember FireFox when it first came out. Seems fast as well. Any body else?
      I consider Google Chrome to be the best browser out there. And it's not only me, Firefox installation base already started to drop and I assume it's only because of Chrome I doubt people started to switch to IE or Opera...

By the way, Opera is also a great browser, but somehow I find Chrome a bit more compatible with the sites I use.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
        I tried it some time back. Removed it, and I don't remember why exactly. For my needs, Konqueror is just fine.
        Since I've always used FireFox, I never really gave Konqueror a try.

Comment

I've been using Chrome from day one. FF gets dumped as soon as I install another daily-live.

There are some quirks here and there, but for the most part, I like it. Speed is the main attribute. I absolutely love the Bookmarks Synced.. feature.
          Boot Info Script

Comment

I like Chrome, something just seems right about it. The only thing I don't like is the bookmarks on the far right. That just weirds me out.

Comment

While I like chrome I am having problems with it consuming large amounts of memory on my 64 bit systems. I tend not to close my browsers for days at a time and it will being to use all 4 gig of ram and swapping begins.

If they get that fixed and other issues with session timeouts. I would be happy

Comment

Sounds a lot like a memory leak.
                Windows no longer obstructs my view.
                Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
                "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I have Chrome in Karmic and it's fun but I still seem to use FireFox most then Konqueror and least Chrome.

For me Fire Fox is most compatible with most stuff. So I use it most for web stuff.

I really like the Swiss army knife nature of Konqueror: Web browser, File browser, file reader, FTP and lot of other handy things.

Haven't tried Chrome in Lucid yet. In Karmic it takes longer to "apt-get update" for some reason. That's only a little anoying. Maybe I installed it wrong.

Ken.
                  Opinions are like rear-ends, everybody has one. Here's mine. (|)

Comment

Originally posted by verndog
                    I've been using Chrome from day one. FF gets dumped as soon as I install another daily-live.

There are some quirks here and there, but for the most part, I like it. Speed is the main attribute. I absolutely love the Bookmarks Synced.. feature.
                    I use xmarks to keep bookmarks synchronized between two Chrome and two FF installations. Works great.
                    we see things not as they are, but as we are.
                    -- anais nin

Comment

I originally started using Chrome because I wanted something lighter than FF for my netbook - liked it so well I installed it on my desktop PC and now FF only gets run every couple weeks when I find something that just doesn't work in Chrome.
                      we see things not as they are, but as we are.
                      -- anais nin

Comment

I've enjoyed it so far. Tried to install it @ work, but there evidently are issues with Symantec Corp v11 and Chrome being able to run. Has something to do "Sandbox" mode which is the default run. As soon as I can upgrade our Corp. AV software I'll give it another go. Symantec said they have the issue fixed in there newest SP for that and newer releases. There is a work around I just didn't go that route as, to me, disabling that is like throwing away a part of the application itself.

Comment

I've been using Chromium since it was available. I've been very happy with the project. Never had an issue with compatibility and it remains fast and efficient.

My only gripe (and it appears to be unique to Chromium) is that there is a bug which will not allow the previous version of Flash to be uninstalled so the new one can take over. But it's a small issue for me.
                          Home: Kubuntu 12.04-amd64; Intel i7-860 on Intel DH55PJ; Nvidia 9500GT; 6GB RAM
                          Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200
                          Portable: Xubuntu 11.10-amd64; Asus EeePC 1015PEM

Comment

I tried Chrome a few months ago because FF started doing frequent loooong pauses while it churned away at my disk. I found that Chrome makes much better use of my small netbook screen. Also I like the idea of each tab being a separate process. Trouble is, I already use Gmail, Google Docs and Google Calendar - if I use Chrome then Google own me! Maybe cutting off my nose to spite my face, but I am back using FF (which seems to have stopped those pauses meantime).

Steve

Comment

I use Chromium (thanks to Detonate)
                              Code:
                              sudo add-apt-repository ppa:chromium-daily/ppa
                              sudo apt-get update
                              sudo apt-get install chromium-browser
                              Though chromium is very zippy at startups.. i don't find much a page loading time lag between chromium and FF.
                              FF pros:
                              1. i like plug ins and address bar of FF.
                              e.g. if you write "iphone india" in FF address bar. it will redirect to iphone site india country. but in chrome/ium if you write iphone india it will search in google.
                              2. Chrome/ium has problem in displaying hindi font. FF has grown till now.. and it does not have any such problem.

Chromium pros:
                              1. Fast coldstart.
                              2. most visited sites page

if {chromium sorts out its hindi font problem}
                              then {chromium will be my fav browser}

else if {FF cold starts as fast as chrome}
                              then {FF will be my fav browser}

else {i can manage with FF coz of its intelligent addressbar}

asus A52N
                              Dual boot: Kubuntu 11.10 64bit, Ubuntu 11.10 64bit
                              AMD Athlon II 64 X2 | 4 GB DDR3 RAM | ATI Radeon HD 4200
                              windoze free since 2009 12 16 (Vijay din= Victory day)

Comment

Working...
                              X