No announcement yet.

your KDE (screenshots)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thankee for the clarification benee-fletch.

And I wasn't really implying anything about you it was pointed more to other people that may not have used the old Debian #!.

woodsmoke

Comment

Kubuntu 12.10 Quantal
      KDE 4.9.1
      Plasma theme: Caledonia
      Plasma icon laucher: kde built-in

Comment

Originally posted by cynical View Post
        My Unity-style Kubuntu Desktop (a few variations)

... to save me searching, what is the panel/plasmoid on the left looking like the Unity launcher?
        I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Originally posted by SecretCode View Post
          ... to save me searching, what is the panel/plasmoid on the left looking like the Unity launcher?
          Just stick a panel on the left and add the icon-only task manager from the widgets to it. In the settings of the widget, you can set various options. Anyway, that is how I did it with mine, and I assume cynical did with theirs. (Difference being I was going for a gnome-shell look versus Unity).

Comment

Originally posted by vw72 View Post
            add the icon-only task manager from the widgets
            I have "Task Manager" (the regular one), "Smooth Tasks" and "Fancy Tasks". Fancy Tasks has crashed plasma-desktop twice in 3 minutes of experimenting so I'm not going to do much with it now. Which task manager exactly?

I couldn't see the unity-style triangles at the sides of the active window on any of them.
            I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Originally posted by SecretCode View Post
              I have "Task Manager" (the regular one), "Smooth Tasks" and "Fancy Tasks". Fancy Tasks has crashed plasma-desktop twice in 3 minutes of experimenting so I'm not going to do much with it now. Which task manager exactly?

I couldn't see the unity-style triangles at the sides of the active window on any of them.
              It is actually called "Icon-Only Task Manager." On my widget list, it comes after Hardware Temperature and before Incoming Message. I haven't used the task manager's you mentioned.

Comment

Yes it is the default widget that comes with KDE4.

You just need to go to Icon-Only Task Manager Settings > Appearance > Style > Use Indicators

Comment

Well, I never thought that I will use green theme/color scheme... but it really refreshed my desktop. And user experience

Last edited by schnelle; Oct 02, 2012, 02:21 PM.
                  Plasma 5 look&feel for KDE4: http://kde-look.org/content/show.php...content=166438

Comment

Originally posted by schnelle View Post
                    Well, I never thought that I will use green theme/color scheme... but it really refreshed my desktop. And user experience
                    Green's nice ,,,,I used it in 10.04 fore a wile ......and may again , it's so easy to change it's like ,,,,why not

VINNY
                    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                    16GB RAM
                    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

ya hears the old Green one from 10.04

VINNY
                      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                      16GB RAM
                      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Here's my laptop with Kubuntu 12.10 Beta 2.
                        I just don't feel comfortable with my current plasma theme. Have yet to find another one.

"Just keep on learning. Little by little... If you're empty, then you can take in anything. If you want to be reborn, then it's in your best interest to become empty." - Vinland Saga

Comment

This isn't a screenshot from my Kubuntu laptop but I thought Woodsmoke would appreciate it. This is how I see the Midwest of America.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by nickstonefan View Post
                            This isn't a screenshot from my Kubuntu laptop but I thought Woodsmoke would appreciate it. This is how I see the Midwest of America.
                            The Midwest is flat as a pancake.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Kansas.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	640128

That shot is more than likey the Rockies, which are in the west.

Comment

Hi NickStoneFan

Thanks muchly for the screenshot.

The only time that I went to the rockies was on a hunting "expedition" with my family, and about thirty other people, for food hunting, back in 1951 and I was too young to remember.

It has been on my bucket list since then to go.

Whatthefunk

Yep, miles and miles of.....miles and miles!! lol

woodsmoke

Comment

Dual screens rawk, nothing to really show yet as I just did a clean install of 12.10 due to an nvidia bug...

Comment

Working...
                                X