Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
    Hi whatthefunk
    I see that you have Amarok with a transparent window.

Aside from any scripting and install this and backport that stuff that is on the net.

Would you care to elucidate as to how you achieved the effect?

woodsmoke
    Just installed oxygen-transparent.

http://www.webupd8.org/2011/01/how-t...ent-style.html

Comment

Cool I'll do that

Comment

@whatthefunk
        What icon theme is that?

Comment

KFaenza. I like it because its more or less complete. Some icon themes seem to only have about half the icons you need so you have to manually do the rest.

Comment

whatthefunk@
            Where did you get the wallpaper?
            Windows no longer obstructs my view.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
              whatthefunk@
              Where did you get the wallpaper?
              http://wallpapers.net/abstract_waves_2-wallpapers.html

Comment

Thanks.
                Windows no longer obstructs my view.
                Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
                "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

whatthefunk

Hey, thanks for the tip. I installed oxygen transparent and it works quite well.

However, I did notice that with my old Nvidia 6600-256 GeForce card that interacting with windows, clicking, moving, etc. seems just a "tad" "laggy", and that may just be a mis-apprehension on my part.

But it does work! thanks!

woodsmoke

Comment

Kubu desktop, modified Amarok, transparency

Hi
                    Here's a typical layout for my desktop with the transparency working as per the previous dicussions.

One might notice:

a) I modified Amarok with a new default icon for "no cover", it has a "drawing" of "the Beast of Bray Road" with the word Amarok on it.(kinda hard to see the word Amarok.)

Amarok is streaming "Darkerradio" which often does not have a fetch for an album cover, the group is Nachtmar.

b) Amarok is only showing the context.

c) The desktop is in "activities" mode, this one is the "desktop".

d) The transparency for the document and the folder for the document in the file structure.( from the below tips, thanks guys! )

e) the "Rocket Launcher" widget scaled with other than the default apps in it.

Here is a clickable thumbnail to the Photobucket smaller view:

Here is the linky to ImageShack larger image if one want's to view it.

http://imageshack.us/f/651/bluescreenywamaroknew.png/

woodsmoke
                    Last edited by woodsmoke; Sep 08, 2012, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Here's a screenshot of my laptop's setup (not sure how to add the image within the post, thus the attachment).

A full size version can be found here:
                      http://www.recommendeddose.net/img/kubuntu.png
                      Attached Files
                      Nowadays I'm mostly Mac, but...
                      tron: KDE neon User | MacPro5,1 | 3.2GHz Xeon | 48GB RAM | 250GB, 1TB, & 500GB Samsung SSDs | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti

Comment

Aaaahhh running conky I see!!

I always loved conky when I ran #! but never really got it to where it was as "zippy" in Ubu, and deriviatives, as it was in #!.

Also, for people who are Ubuists and not bangers so much, getting a good looking conky is kinda hard for the new person.

Would you care to post your conky.rc for others to peruse?

woodalwayslikedlookingatconkyrcssmoke

Comment

Here's my current desktop:

sigpic
                          "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
                          -- Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
                            Aaaahhh running conky I see!!

I always loved conky when I ran #! but never really got it to where it was as "zippy" in Ubu, and deriviatives, as it was in #!.

Also, for people who are Ubuists and not bangers so much, getting a good looking conky is kinda hard for the new person.

Would you care to post your conky.rc for others to peruse?

woodalwayslikedlookingatconkyrcssmoke
                            If you are replying to my post, no, it is not conky. It is a script I modified from a karamba theme called compact. For more information you can refer to here:
                            http://kde-look.org/content/show.php...?content=32643

Naturally, it has changed since my last release on KDE-Look.org, if you are interested I can post a link to the updated file (compressed of course). It does require the plasma-scriptengine-superkaramba package.

Also, I am not as new as I appear
                            Last edited by benny_fletch; Sep 13, 2012, 08:24 PM.
                            Nowadays I'm mostly Mac, but...
                            tron: KDE neon User | MacPro5,1 | 3.2GHz Xeon | 48GB RAM | 250GB, 1TB, & 500GB Samsung SSDs | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti

Comment

Here ar my recent desktops from my eeePC netbook. My own modification based on http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthr...ake-on-kubuntu

Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	640099Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	640098

Comment

My Unity-style Kubuntu Desktop (a few variations)

Comment

Working...
                                X