No announcement yet.

your KDE (screenshots)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I completely agree - though I am not running it myself yet - have been unpleasantly busy with work and just recently away on holiday (pleasantly!)
    I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Some more work on Dolphin

QTCurve | Smaragd with a custom emerald theme
      Kubuntu 12.04 - Acer Aspire 5750G

"I don't make a great deal of money, but I'm ok with that 'cause I don't hurt a lot of people in the process either"

Comment

Originally posted by bra|10n View Post
        My first attempt at some theming consistency.
        Nice Job!

Regards...
        Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ loves and cares about you most of all! http://peacewithgod.jesus.net/
        How do I know this personally? Please read here: https://www.linuxquestions.org/quest...hn-8-12-36442/
        PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST! You don't have to end up here: https://soulchoiceministries.org/pod...i-see-in-hell/

Comment

That's the nicest lookin Dolphin I've ever see (excepting the real ones, of course )!

You'll have to tell us what you went through to get that look! Pretty Please!

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
            That's the nicest lookin Dolphin I've ever see (excepting the real ones, of course )!

You'll have to tell us what you went through to get that look! Pretty Please!
            Thanks oshunluvr.

To achieve the look you'll need to install the following:
            • QtCurve
            • Smaragd
            • Iceglass-3.0 iconset

and manipulate Dolphin's panels and toolbar to match the screenshot. Create a new folder called .emerald in ~/, and a further sub-folder called theme. I have attached the emerald theme which needs to be extracted into theme. Now it's just a matter of going to SystemSettings and using QtCurve for all Widget Styles and Smaragd for Window Decorations.

QtCurve is available from the standard reposoitories while Sumski's Goodies PPA holds the package for Smaragd (Oneric). Iceglass-3.0 icons are from kde-look.org.

Dabble with QtCurve's configuration to set transparency values.
            Min|Max|Close buttons are in the usual location (visable on mouse-over)

Note: Applying the above causes changes elsewhere also such as...

If you need any further help just post back here.
            And of course, it is mandatory to post a screenshot of your results also!
            Last edited by bra|10n; Apr 18, 2012, 05:41 PM.

"I don't make a great deal of money, but I'm ok with that 'cause I don't hurt a lot of people in the process either"

Comment

A slight variation in Window borders/decoration

Comment

Thanx bra|10n,

Not using Smaragd but still interesting.

Ok, got it: Ashes come from burning.

Comment

My desktop (Kubuntu 12.04 Beta 2) :

"Just keep on learning. Little by little... If you're empty, then you can take in anything. If you want to be reborn, then it's in your best interest to become empty." - Vinland Saga

Comment

Smaragd isn't ported to precise yet, so I guess I have to compile it. I'll try it out when I solve the other problem I'm having right now...

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
                      Smaragd isn't ported to precise yet, so I guess I have to compile it. I'll try it out when I solve the other problem I'm having right now...
                      Or you could add the oneric PPA as I have done. Good luck with the troubleshooting.

Comment

My new kubuntu 12.04 setup after a little bit of finetuning:

Comment

My new 12.04 setup:

Comment

Nice and fresh whatthefunk.

I too have a soft spot for the earlier KDE4.* iconset.
                            'Amakage' is a very nice transparent plasma theme that will match that dock beautifully, find it on kde-look if you're interested.

I'm thinking of an app dock or panel also, just frustrated with some of the plasma restrictions at the moment... but I'll keep thinking!

I'd like to use this in place of my panel

I've settled on this for dolphin

Last edited by bra|10n; May 03, 2012, 01:40 AM.

Comment

cairo-dock

I just discoverd that the cairo-doc would dance for you and thought it funny and thought I'd post it

<snip>-------removed to avoid google flagging

the terminal on desktop 4 is ffmpeg doing the screen capture 8)

hope it gets a laugh

VINNY
                              Last edited by vinnywright; Sep 19, 2017, 02:50 PM.
                              i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                              16GB RAM
                              Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Nice wall on desktop 3.

Edit: my new setup

Last edited by rms; May 10, 2012, 07:34 AM. Reason: No particular one ;D
                                Ok, got it: Ashes come from burning.

Comment

Working...
                                X