• Show
Clear All

Re: your KDE (screenshots)

Nothing special, i'm testing neon ppa

sigpic

Comment

8)
      Plasma 5 look&feel for KDE4: http://kde-look.org/content/show.php...content=166438

Comment

this is how Ksnapshot gets my laptop's desktop with the external monitor attached

this is the setup

and just for fun a shot of the 4 cores (2 physical 2 virtual ) of this core I3 pumping away converting an .avi to DVD

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I think I need that swirly wallpaper 8) got a kde-look link (they all come from there, right)?

Comment

I dont remember exactly where I got it to begin with....................... but hear I found it agin for you

http://opendesktop.org/content/show.php?content=144051

VINNY
            16GB RAM

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright
              I dont remember exactly where I got it to begin with....................... but hear I found it agin for you

VINNY
              Thanks! Used it on my tablet. Been looking for something better than the stock supplied.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise

VINNY
                Thanks! Used it on my tablet. Been looking for something better than the stock supplied.
                I still owe you a few picks or points to picks

in fact I'm moving your Kickoff icon over to this box now 8)

VINNY
                16GB RAM

Comment

Comment

VINNY
                    Thanks for looking and finding it... my 21 month year-old is sitting here going "Ooooooooooooo".

Comment

Originally posted by kjjjjshab

VINNY
                      Thanks for looking and finding it... my 21 month year-old is sitting here going "Ooooooooooooo".
                      LOL ....being a grandpaw I can see this happening

VINNY
                      16GB RAM

Comment

Plasma 5 look&feel for KDE4: http://kde-look.org/content/show.php...content=166438

Comment

11.10 and loving it
                          Four deskscreens for different occasions/ times (one physical screen - even though it looks like four )

Bottom bar autohides - fancy tasks and smooth tasks (on a plain panel - FT seems always bugged with tasks - and daisy + other task kickers are gtk or no-go)
                          all stock walls
                          kawoken icons
                          G-remix (plain) plasma theme

not sure this show ... added thru picasa account.
                          ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)
                          Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.9.x (x86_64) - Debian "Squeeze" KDE 4.(5x) (x86_64)
                          Acer TimelineX 4820 TG | intel i3 | 4 GB ram| ATI Radeon HD 5600
                          Kubuntu 12.10 KDE 4.10 (x86_64) - OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE 4.10 (x86_64)
                          - Officially free from windoze since 11 dec 2009
                          >>>>>>>>>>>> Support KFN <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Back to Kubuntu from a reprieve. Just got this desktop setup. Glad to see widgets are working alot better.

Did a little bit of tweaking, mostly just taking downloaded theme files for various things and changing settings to integrate better with each other.

screen #1

screen #2

Comment

Nice! Like the Wallpaper and the "K" start button!

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise
                                Nice! Like the Wallpaper and the "K" start button!
                                Thanks!!

For the K Icon, that's an icon pack called "DarkGlass-Reworked" by mentalrey (I think somebody else is responsible for the majority of the icons).
                                I found it by going to System Settings> Application Appearance> Icons> "Get New Themes"> Searched for the above theme.

That icon pack is pretty neat, not too quirky or cartoon-like, yet a little bit different from what I'm used to (without being too different). Wow, that sounds cheesy, but true. I always wanted to make my own icon pack, but when I saw how hard it was to come up with a unifying theme for all those icons, I learned to appreciate what others had done.

Haha, if I ever have time, might have to cut my teeth in Inkscape (etc) trying something alot less ambitious, like a cursor pack!!!

Anyways, I forget where I got the fractal exactly, but I like those 3d fractals.

Comment

Working...
                                X