Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I AM GOING TO LOSE IT (windows rant)!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I AM GOING TO LOSE IT (windows rant)!!!!

I cannot stand it! AutoCAD on xp has their own crappy vista-ish windeco, and fake xp windeco and real xp windeco in one application!!! Plus, if I have any ms app running, I get its fake vista-ish windeco...

And every other app seems to have its own pull down menus, icons, buttons, ...bleh!

If I ever complain again about seeing the occasional GTK button, someone please tell me to shut the heck up and go back to the office if I want something to really complain about.

But really, it is the fault of the KDE developers and artists... they created such a well integrated, beautiful desktop that now I cannot function without it. :P Maybe I need to switch to one of those legacy themes to snap out of this...

Re: I AM GOING TO LOSE IT (windows rant)!!!!

your not alone i think its safe to say almost all of us here have had to deal with our fair share of windows issues...
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

@kjjjjshab, if you've got enough horsepower there to run Windows on a VM, then you could at least have your KDE screen surrounding your MS junk.

Kind of like an onion patch in the middle of the rose garden ....

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
        @kjjjjshab, if you've got enough horsepower there to run Windows on a VM, then you could at least have your KDE screen surrounding your MS junk.

Kind of like an onion patch in the middle of the rose garden ....
        No, that is the full fun-filled XP at a locked-down workplace.

I don't have much horsepower, but still amazed nearly everyday at how good this single core 1 GB ram system operates with kubuntu. Amazed and thankful.

Comment

you should try it my netbook runs xp in a vm just fine......
          Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
          (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
          X