X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kubuntu 9.10 on a emachines eM250

i just got this netbook yesterday. emachines em250 netbook
    the machine is basicly the same as every other netbook. 10.1" screen stuck @ 1024*600

some of the cooler features i noticed were
    250GB HD (sata)
    1x open mini pcie slot (internal)
    multi touch trackpad.
    most other things are very similar to every other netbook
    3x usb ports (lshw reports 4 usb connectors...)
    broadcom 4312 wifi (b/g)
    intel Mobile 945GME Express video (lshw still shows a unclamed video card #2)
    atom CPU @ 1.6ghz (lshw shows 2 logical cpus)
    network port and sd slot.
    webcam (1.3 Mpixel?) / mic
    sadly it came with windows 7, so i decided to put kubuntu on it.. the live usb started up after a few attempts to boot froze.most all the hw worked "out the box" with the exception of the wifi that required a non free driver. also i have not tested the "multi" trackpad features since i have never had one before and have not looked in to what is involved with using it yet (suggestions/ links if you got ne).. desktop effects work nicely on this netbook and its quite fast..

its a good netbook priced at ~250 (after NY tax). with a 250 GB hd most others come w/ a 160gb and the same other hardware and cost more. its a decent netbook and running kubuntu 9.10 just fine.. now if you will all pardon me i'm going to see if i can get this multi touch track pad working.
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Re: kubuntu 9.10 on a emachines eM250

Sweet....................nice to know I'v ben thinking of trying to lay my hand's on one of those ......... I just worey abought (bifocale glasses+10.1" screen= sqinting) ....

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Re: kubuntu 9.10 on a emachines eM250

Update: This Machine is an unbranded Acer Aspire One AOD250. missing some of the options of the aspire one like bluetooth/3g modem. but they have added the 250 GB hd most accessorys should work just fine w/ this machine (not confirmed, but will be after a few mods)

i got bored the other night and took it apart.. since i am considering replacing the wifi w/ a combo wifi &
      bluetooth card.some things i noticed are..

the kbd is a pain to remove and replace because the connector is under the center of the kbd

the wifi is provided via an internal mici-pci-e slot and the card itself is a half-size mini-pci-e card w/ two antennas connected to it. it is not possible to replace it w/ a full size mini-pci-e card due to space constrants.

perhaps i will post some pictures next time i take it apart.

Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
      (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
      X