This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Effortless installation of Kubuntu on Toshiba Laptop

I was able to install Kubuntu Dapper on my Toshiba M-55 Satellite laptop without any effort. Everything seems to be working fine. The trick is to create free space on the HDD before running installation.

Re: Effortless installation of Kubuntu on Toshiba Laptop

8) 8)
    Originally posted by nssd
    I was able to install Kubuntu Dapper on my Toshiba M-55 Satellite laptop without any effort. Everything seems to be working fine. The trick is to create free space on the HDD before running installation.
    I did the same on my Toshiba A60 laptop. I am using the Spanish language with a qwerty keyboard. Everything is working fine here too.

Comment

Hi, I am using Toshiba A100 Sat. Does anyone know how to adjust the monitor brightness?? I think Kubuntu's default setting is the brightest, which is a bit too bright for me personally and not very power friendly.

Thanks!!

Comment

I was able to install Kubuntu Dapper on my Toshiba M-55 Satellite laptop without any effort. Everything seems to be working fine.
        Ditto that on a Dell Inspiron 5150.  Everything just works!  I've switched permanently from Kanotix to Kubuntu, and so has my wife.  (Kanotix remains a great rescue CD, IMO.)  K/Ubuntu is also well documented enough that I feel free to recommend it to those who are still unsure about Linux.  Finally, a great, free desktop distro!

Comment

Working...
        X