This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Feedback on Kubuntu 9.10

After trying KDE on 9.04 I decided that Kubuntu would be "My Linux Distribution". I did a clean install of Kubuntu 9.10 two days after it was released and I have been using it until now, and probably will keep using it until 10.04 release. My actual desktop computer is a Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 1.5GB RAM and a Radeon 9800 PRO. No wireless equipment. Everything I use works great. The boot time is very fast and the shutdown time even faster. For the graphic card I use the Open Source driver and everything is fine and fast. The KDE effects work fine, if I don't push to much, however I opted to turn them off which gives a big boost to the overall performance (after all my computer has 5 years, with exception for the 1GB RAM and graphic card that I bought last year, but are old too compared to recent hardware). I find the KDE Plasma Desktop very beauty as it is (I'm using Oxygen theme, which comes by default along with the Air one). Overall it's very good, in my opinion.

I am amazed once again with the quality of Linux Distributions such as Kubuntu and all the Open Source Software. I am still a beginner in the Linux world, but I'm sure I would be even more amazed if I understood more.

Re: My Feedback on Kubuntu 9.10

Originally posted by Zhao
    I am still a beginner in the Linux world, but I'm sure I would be even more amazed if I understood more.
    With use comes experience. With experience comes understanding. Welcome to the wonderful world of Linux/Kubuntu and to KFN.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: My Feedback on Kubuntu 9.10

Thank you

Comment

Working...
      X