This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, Dell is trying to make an attempt

Well, You really have to look and they actually have two menus one of which only says "Open-Source PCs".

http://www.workswithu.com/2009/12/10...-more-respect/

Re: Well, Dell is trying to make an attempt

Please see my response here. After purchasing an average of one machine per year from Dell for about 20 years, I have now sworn never to buy anything else from them.

While one disgruntled (very) small business purchaser is hardly enough to make them pay more attention to Linux support and service, it's the best that I can do.

Comment

Re: Well, Dell is trying to make an attempt

I now understand. Yes, I can see where Dell has not kept up with the small purchasers. What I've done with Dell has been the small to medium business and has been a pain at times dealing with them form support even for MS systems. However, they aren't the only ones. We have a Toshiba that has been a pain from day 1. Their philosophy is to send it in repeatedly to be "rebuilt" instead of owning up to the fact that it is a POS and making good. We actually sent that system back a 4th time this week. Just that one system makes me want to stay away from Toshiba, so I can relate to your feelings with Dell. You just gotta love the corporate world! :P

Comment

Working...
      X