This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXCELLENT article about Cloud computing

Carla Schroder, Editor at LinuxToday, published an excellent commentary on the "Cloud".

So far, there are 28 comments. Most agree with her position.

So do I.

One of my tasks for a short time was to compare the State tax returns with the Federal tax returns of the citizens in my state. Any differences that were significant were sent to the legal department for actions. Strange as it may seem, some folks thought that they could get by reporting $100,000 less on their State returns than they did on their Federal returns.

But, one of the rules I had to compile with, after several IRS employees were caught looking at the income levels of Hollywood stars, was that anyone who walked by my cubical while I had IRS data displaying on my screen had to be noted in a journal which included the time of day and what was displayed at that time on my display. Total nonsense, of course, because few people can read 10pt type from 10 or 15 feet.

That's why the IRS will not allow any of its data, scattered on state servers all over the country, to be put on Cloud servers operating at the bottom of the commodity scale, which means in countries with the lowest wages and benefits and the poorest environment and infrastructure. Just the places ruled by tyrants and dictators. And THEY are going to honor the privacy of data on the Cloud? Ya, right. Don't forget to say hi to Santa Clause for me the next time you see him.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Re: EXCELLENT article about Cloud computing

Yep -- good one, GG. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
    X