This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never have been a Cisco fan.......

Never have been a Cisco fan, so maybe this is a good thing?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/12/te...lett.html?_r=1

Re: Never have been a Cisco fan.......

I would have loved to see Dell that (they are a lot more committed to Linux)' but hey, competition is always good.

Along the same lines, AMD settled today with Intel basically for antitrust charges, and they will receive 1.25 billions USD. Again, this should keep them alive and kicking for a long time unless they screw up again as they did a few years back. One more time, a win for us, crazy geeks

Comment

Yes, I agree about AMD. They were lucky they survived and that should help if, like you said, they don't screw it up.

Edit: I wouldn't mind seeing Dell and Netgear teaming up. As far as AMD processors, I've only used one. Been mostly Intel, but that one ADM really performs well. I'd compare it to a Celeron but performs way better.

Comment

Oh yeah, that would be nice! Dell and Netgear!

AMD had its big chance a few years back when they were delivering much better value, but also they had similar performance at the top of the line. They made some bad decisions, got stuck for a few years, and now they are back at the value game, providing much better value in the midrange (but they can't compete in the high end right now, and they have nothing like the Atom for low power). We'll see if this cash infusion puts them back in track. Acouple bad R&D strategic decisions and they can burn a good fraction of it on a blink!

Comment

That is the world of electronics. I know someone who worked for Kemet. The same issues is what lead to their problems with capacitors and as such a new Manufacturer of capacitors emerged and the rest is history as everyone can see with Kemet. Corporate America sure is failing miserably and I really blame greed and short sightedness as really the main causes. No one, and this is from my perspective form my position in Corporate America, plans for the long term. No though of having the company last, just "what can I get out of this for me now and screw the people now and the future." My view point any way. Might be wrong, but my view. I like it. I do hope AMD can pull it out though.

Comment

Working...
          X