X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The cost of used Microsoft Windows on ebay

Originally posted by sithlord48
    the cost of MS is not just money it will cost you at times you sanity.
    Agree on that!

Comment

Microsoft has special licences suitable for "charity" computers. The rules go something like this:

To be a Community Microsoft Authorized Refurbisher, you must:
      * Supply 20 or more computers per year to charities, schools, or families.
      * Be a commercial, nonprofit, school, college, or government-based refurbisher.
      * Be located in any of the countries of North America, Central America, South America, and the Caribbean (with the exception of Cuba).

I am far from a MS guy so forgive me if I got this wrong. Apparently it used to be 5 bucks per copy of XP or 2000, but I don't know what's happening now. Check out:
      http://www.mar.partners.extranet.mic...ecomeamar.aspx

Comment

That's very interesting about the Community Microsoft Authorized Refurbishers. They must extend to more countries because some exist in the UK.

I used to go to a group at the local community centre - old men recycling old computers. I originally went because one guy mentioned the magic word ..."Linux". Unfortunately he died. I left when the emphasis became Windows. They have recycled hundreds of machines. I did hear that they were looking at some licence to install XP.

Maybe, armed with this information, I'll go next week...
        "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
        "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
        X