This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 7 is open source!!!

Anyone else annoyed with those latest Microsoft commercials that seem to portray Window 7 as open source? They have some user mention their pet peeve and they then say that the fix is in 7 because of them... obviously Microsoft is not saying that Windows is open source, but their "community" involvement assertion kinda rubs me the wrong way...

http://www.desivideonetwork.com/view...tv-commercial/

(Not that anyone watches commercials anymore... I usually stop flipping through them for the tech ones though - love those new HTC ones with the Hero.)

Re: Windows 7 is open source!!!

No, I don't get the feeling that they claim is open source, but man, their ads are annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian
      No, I don't get the feeling that they claim is open source, but man, their ads are annoying.
      I didn't mean that they claim it is open source, just that they are trying to emote/represent the open source aura...

Comment

I think they merely want to convey the idea that they "listen to their customers"... as always the reality is a strong argument against such rosy pictures...

Comment

my fav was the southpark made commercial with PC,Mac and linux
          Kubuntu 9.10 with KDE 3.5 and love it

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian

Agree with the whole statement. And to re-iterate, they are annoying!

Comment

They don't say its open source. They merely point out that user can make feature suggestions. It doesn't say I am a programer and I added this taskbar. I says "I told Microsoft they should add a new taskbar" .
              Specification: 3.06 GHZ Pentium 4, 1 gig ram, 17" monitor, ECS P4M800PRO-M version 2 and 500 gig Hitachi desk star
              Linux Mint 7 Gloria KDE community editon.
              Based on Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope.

Comment

Working...
              X