This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time Kubuntu

Hello, this is the first time try of Kubuntu and all I can say is wow, very, very impressive. I have at some stage or another tried most of the top 10 on Distrowatch but for some reason never an ubuntu version, silly me. Everything went smoothly and everything works. Anything else I required was easily sorted. Kudos to all involved with Kubuntu it will certainly be staying. When I find a Distro that I like and stick with I like to create a desktop background to give it a personal touch, of have attached a screeny of my Kubuntu one I hope you like it.

Cheers

jam
    Attached Files
    Kubuntu Karmic on Dell d810 Pentium M 2gb Ram ATI x600 128mb

Re: First time Kubuntu

Welcome jamcl.

I really like the friendly colours on your desktop background.

Yes, Kubuntu has a lot going for it, but I must say, the community on this forum is even better!

Comment

Welcome from me too!

Comment

Welcome to the party!

Everything went smoothly and everything works.
        That's great. Would you like to tell us about your PC, and how you installed Kubuntu? Others would be interested.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thankyou for the welcomes, as for the install, being a buntu, all I had to do was following the steps and hey presto, there it was. Much easier and friendly than some I have come across. I have even installed on the kids laptop, a toshiba tecra a3, and they are away and using it. I have added my lappy details to my sig for info. Once again thankyou for the welcomes and I look forward to happy kubuntu hours.

Cheers

jam
          Kubuntu Karmic on Dell d810 Pentium M 2gb Ram ATI x600 128mb

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
            Everything went smoothly and everything works.
            That's great. Would you like to tell us about your PC, and how you installed Kubuntu? Others would be interested.
            Agreed and a Welcome form me as well! Go to the Image Gallery to see other Desktops. It is nice to always see peoples' personal touch for their systems.

Comment

Working...
            X