X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Quite a crowd here today!!

Originally posted by kjjjjshab
    Actually I'm expected a son any day now, so the timing isn't all that bad... two weeks off without pay doesn't help with the expenses of course, but I can worry about that some other time... these are happy time
    Congrats! I agree with Dibl. It will all work out. Actually, I haven't been around much here due to the same almost a year ago. My 2nd Daughter was born. Yes, these are happy times!

Comment

I fully agree, enjoy every second of it! The world economy is picking up, after these two weeks you'll have a wonderful baby and more work to do And you get to kick the tires a bit with kubuntu 9.10 in the meantime

Comment

Thanks all.

We're so thrilled to be expanding the family... I can't wait to meet him. We had a bit of a maybe yesterday evening, but it was a false alarm. He is still 2 1/2 weeks out, so that is fine that he waits a bit more.

Comment

Not to put a damper on your anticipation, but be prepared for a TOTAL CHANGE in your lifestyle. Children are a great joy and a horrible responsibility. (Although, as I recall, the first isn't so bad. The real fun starts with the second.)

My father once quoted a folk saying at me (when I was a new parent). It went something like: "Children are God's punishment for all the worry that you gave your parents when you were young; grandchildren are God's reward for putting up with your children." As a grandfather, anticipating the arrival of two of our grandchildren for a long weekend so that their parents can get some time to themselves, I fully appreciate my father's wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by russlar
            Originally posted by lmilano
            140 now! Do we have a site-stats dynamic plot or something along these lines? It would be nice to see the "release effect"
            If you look off in the distance, and see a plume of smoke, that's KFN's server demonstrating the "release effect"
            At the risk of ruining my secret, I get 1.7Mb/s downloads from the mirror.anl.gov site (Arragon National Labs)

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

down to 138 guests again, yea we need a plotter of this , is there a stats section for this forums (like awstats not user)
              Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
              (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Originally posted by sithlord48
                down to 138 guests again, yea we need a plotter of this , is there a stats section for this forums (like awstats not user)
                Probably not what you want but it is the only STATS section I know here.

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?action=stats

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek

At the risk of ruining my secret, I get 1.7Mb/s downloads from the mirror.anl.gov site (Arragon National Labs)
                  But this is for the iso, right? If you upgrade, you are using one of the official servers, such as

yourcountry.canonical.com

And then you are screwed
                  I'll wait a few days and let the dust settle

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise
                    Originally posted by sithlord48
                    Probably not what you want but it is the only STATS section I know here.

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?action=stats
                    What happened between June and July 2006? LOTS of people online for a few days, or was it some sort of DOS-attack?

Comment

Yea!!! Finally downloaded and now burning. Can't wait to see this on my laptop!

Comment

But this is for the iso, right? If you upgrade, you are using one of the official servers, such as

And then you are screwed
                        what about upgrading from the alt cd? does that only grab package updates that aren't on teh CD, or does that try to grab everything from the servers?
                        # make install --not-war

Comment

And then you are screwed
                          Yes, it is the offical release of Kubuntu 9.10. When you install it this release, like those from all the other mirrors on Kubuntu.org's site, will have the same set of repository servers. IOW, if your ISO came from one of the official servers and has today's date on it, and has the official md5sum, and your downloaded iso's md5sum matches that md5sum then you have the real McCoy.
                          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

And then you are screwed
                            Yes, it is the offical release of Kubuntu 9.10. When you install it this release, like those from all the other mirrors on Kubuntu.org's site, will have the same set of repository servers. IOW, if your ISO came from one of the official servers and has today's date on it, and has the official md5sum, and your downloaded iso's md5sum matches that md5sum then you have the real McCoy.
                            Sorry, I meant to say that when you upgrade without burning an iso, just using the upgrade-manager in your existing installation, all your apt sources point to one of the Canonical hosted (and I would bet right now pretty slow) repositories.

Comment

Looks like another busy day! So far I'm very pleased with KK on this laptop other than the graphics card issue. That is the only Out of the Box issue I have. Everything else is smooth. Even knetworkmanager.

Comment

Working...
                              X