This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copy Right

I have been thinking about copy right laws and digital music or books. I know that here we do not like DRM because of the restriction that it does to the consumer or the user. But I was thinking, doesn't the owner have a right to protect their work? I know I would like my work to be protected. If I write a book, I would like my book to be sold in digital format but I would like to sell it not give it away for free.

I know that there is much more than what I am writing but it is just a thought. Do we have a technology that would allow a book to be transfer from a given device to another, let's say if I have a kindle reader and my class is over, and I want to sell my book, can I transfer my copy to another device? without keeping a copy into mine? It would be nice if there is a technology that would allow us to transfer electronic books and music like books or cds. Remember that this is someone who wants to learn about these issues not someone promoting onething over another.
    You can get me Using Threema: B6WSCFVY
    Mastodon: @pookito@latinos.social
    Jabber: pookito@neko.im

Re: Copy Right

Originally posted by pookito
    Remember that this is someone who wants to learn about these issues not someone promoting onething over another.
    you can learn about drm here
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_rights_management
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
    X