X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So much for the "speedy" Windows 7

Vista seems to beat win7:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ance,2442.html

Of course, many people I respect have said Windows 7 is less obnoxious, perhaps a bit leaner. But hey, so much for the "speedy" windows 7!

Anyways, I don't run windows except when/if forced at work. But I thought this worth mentioning, given the amount of FUD MS keeps throwing at us.

Re: So much for the "speedy" Windows 7

Just the opposite for me. I use Windows for audio/video editing only, but got the upgrade to Windows 7 for $29...

It feels much more responsive to me. My biggest problem was that I had a hard time getting it to install, but that turned out to be a bad 2 Gig memory card. So, even with 2GB less memory (haven't replaced the bad chip yet), I have had a good experience with Windows 7.

mm0
    Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

Re: So much for the &quot;speedy&quot; Windows 7

PC World, November issue, has some "consumer-grade" benchmarking results, for Win 7 vs. Vista, using their "Worldbench 6" test suite. Win 7 came out "marginally faster" on the 6 machines they tested, across 4 common categories of consumer usage. "Marginally" = 4%. But it is a tad faster, and that's probably a minor miracle, given the trajectory of past Windows versions.

Comment

Working...
      X